Got Nitrous??? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Nitrous Oxide Topics

Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 AM   #1

Got Nitrous???

Well, I'm finally setting up for nitrous. Built my own kit from scratch using Dyno Tune Nitrous Products. Its a 2 stage 4 nozzle system run off a 2 channel window switch. Other components include dual purge coming out of the windshield wiper fluid squirters, Auto Meter Ultra Lite Nitrous Pressure Gauge, Fuel Pressure Gauge, 10 lbs Bottle, and Bottle Heater.

Used a throttle body spacer for the four nozzles.

[img]http://www.dodgetalk.com/gallery/files/2/7/3/4/0/nitrous001.jpg">

As you can see, the throttle blade clears the nozzles just fine.

Here are a couple more pics:

The bottle is mounted inside the cab between the 2 seats with a safety blow down tube.

All nitrous switches will be mounted in the circle opening in the center console. The ring that normaly goes around the shifter boot is on order and and as soon as I get it in I'll fab up a switch panel.

Here is a pic of the Dyno Tune Window Switch and Purge Button

Here is a short video of the TB. Nitrous pressure was only at 750 lbs so it didn't hit too hard.

PlatinumHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Board of Directors (Jay)

Got Nitrous???

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:41 PM   #3

Got Nitrous???

you need some seafoam........frack
fastgraphite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #4

Got Nitrous???

jk bro
fastgraphite04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:45 AM   #5

Got Nitrous???

NICE PH, very NICE. Your engine bay looks like a snake pit now with all those wires, I wish there was a way to hid all the nitrous wires, well I guess you could if you had all day long for a week to custom run them,but it still looks great and very nice work on your setup
CentralTexHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
KOZ

Got Nitrous???

Good idea, but I would be very careful with puddeling with that setup. Whenever you put the nozzles between the manifold and the tb, you decrease the distance of travel that the nitrous/fuel uses for mixing. I have seen someone use just one nozzle at that setup and it caused puddeling and a nice lil POP!.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #7

Got Nitrous???

To address fuel puddling
No intake was designed to flow fuel through it. Not even carbureted intakes. They are all test flowed with air design.

Some intakes flow better than others. I do agree that certain intakes have flow restrictions. I do not agree that puddling is possible on a properly tuned application that is not over extending its flow capabilities.

On a properly set up system with in the amount of hp setting suggested the nitrous and fuel mix will flow through the air intake in less than a second. Many super charger companied place injectors before the throttle bodies to add the extra needed fuel. This fuel is flowing into the intake plenum with forced air only. NO NITROUS... So the FUEL PUDDLING IS NOT WHJAT CAUSES A BACK FIRE.

In the case your system is not tuned to rich the fuel mixture will be too great for the amount of nitrous with it to break it up. The fuel can then fall out of the airflow path into the intake. THIS IS FUEL PUDDLING. This can be avoided with a proper tune and properly designed nozzle or plate.

When an intake meets the point in which the intake can not properly flow the amount of fuel needed to certain runners the fuel will flow to the runners pulling the greatest amount of vacuum. This is common on the ford intakes over a 150 horse power. This may result in a lean back fire up through the intake. If this lean back fire happens the fuel vapors in the intake will ignite fueling the back fire.

This is not fuel puddling.

-Chris

Nitrous Tech / Sales

www.nitrousoutlet.com

Toll Free :1-866-648-7637

Local : 254-420-3630
CentralTexHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #8

Got Nitrous???

Nice set up! I ahev seem many LS1 guys blow the manifold due to puddeling. Something could have gone wrong in the casting, putting a low spot, that could cause it to puddel.
1FASTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:39 AM   #9

Got Nitrous???

as stated before...puddleing is almost impossible.....intake backfires are caused by either an extreme lean condition or an ignition misfire.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1FASTV8:
Nice set up! I ahev seem many LS1 guys blow the manifold due to puddeling. Something could have gone wrong in the casting, putting a low spot, that could cause it to puddel.
n2oHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #10

Got Nitrous???

They are more common then you seem to think...
1FASTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote