Getting The juice SOON - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Nitrous Oxide Topics

Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #1

Garage
need help knowing what tuneing do the guys that have the superchips run when sraying nitrous im getting the zex wet kit from 50-125 shot also would like to know what sparkplugs to use for the nitrous i want to start perping my truck for whats comeing any thing that u guys think i should look into befor installing it please let me know is greatly appreciated. also whats up with the guages that u guys get that go on top of the rearview in advanced thank guys ....oh lol i have a 2008 QC laramie 4x4

2008 DODGE RAM LARAMIE QC 1500 4X4 5.7L HEM, JBA HEADERS,MAGNAFLOW NO CATS STRIGHT BACK,AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI,SC 3865, 3" BODY LIFT,18" DICK CEPEK WHEELS,37 BY 13.5" TIERS,TOP AND BOTTOM HID 8000K,BED COVER,DIF MAG HYTEC COVER,ZEX WET NITROUS,ZEX WINDOW SWITCH,SRT10 A PILLER,AEM UEGO WIDEBAND, (ALL) LUBRICANTS AMSOIL
Big red Hemi power is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #2

Garage
need help knowing what tuneing do the guys that have the superchips run when sraying nitrous im getting the zex wet kit from 50-125 shot also would like to know what sparkplugs to use for the nitrous i want to start perping my truck for whats comeing any thing that u guys think i should look into befor installing it please let me know is greatly appreciated. also whats up with the guages that u guys get that go on top of the rearview in advanced thank guys ....oh lol i have a 2008 QC laramie 4x4
2008 DODGE RAM LARAMIE QC 1500 4X4 5.7L HEM, JBA HEADERS,MAGNAFLOW NO CATS STRIGHT BACK,AEM BRUTE FORCE CAI,SC 3865, 3" BODY LIFT,18" DICK CEPEK WHEELS,37 BY 13.5" TIERS,TOP AND BOTTOM HID 8000K,BED COVER,DIF MAG HYTEC COVER,ZEX WET NITROUS,ZEX WINDOW SWITCH,SRT10 A PILLER,AEM UEGO WIDEBAND, (ALL) LUBRICANTS AMSOIL
Old 07-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage
Here is what I have been told about what was needed.

Superchips 3815 on 87 Performance using 91+ octane fuel.

NGK 4306 spark plugs

I believe that the overhead console gauge cluster is made by Autometer, but not sure.

Your best bet for Nitrous questions would be to contact D500 on here.

Mods: Coming Soon

cruel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #4

Garage
Hey thanks buddy i didint think i was going to gwt a reply i just put the 4306 in the truck last week i have the 3865 flashpaq wich i also heard that u run the 87 tune and run 93 fuel for the nitrous
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Big red Hemi power:
With your Superchips you will want to load the 87 tune but run 93 octane fuel. The 87 tune does not advance the timing. Advancing the timing with nitrous is a no-no, it causes detonation. The spark plugs many of us use are the NGK 4306's, they are a step colder than factory, be sure to gap them at .035. You want to get yourself a Wideband Air/Fuel ratio gauge, if you run too lean that will be a big no-no with nitrous as well. But the only way to add or reduce fuel (for your year model) is by the Diablo programmer. I believe that you have the capabilities to add fuel with the handheld and don't have to get a CMR (custom) tune. With nitrous I was told to keep the a/f ration in the mid to high 11's.

This is the wideband I use, it's one of the cheaper ones out there and I haven't had any issues in the >2 years I have had it.
http://www.gosale.com/4967556/...rp7KkCFYHs7QodH2_wYQ

Here is a link to the spark plugs, you will need 16 of them.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NGK-4306/
hemi_loredo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #6

Garage
Thanks for replying guys 2 weeks ago I changed my sparked plugs to the ngk 4306 yea LOL all 16 of them how is it that you tie in the gages do u have to take the upholstery down. If u can send me pics of ur install it would be great that way I can Orient my self ill upload the link to my cardomain so u can see the truck if u would like
Old 10-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #7

Garage
orderd the nitrous should be hear some time nest week will be instaling it next weekend hopefully if i have any days off this week. do u guys know if i can see my air to fuel with the superchips dataloger. also if u guys know what wire to use for the tps it would help and as far as the 12v power i can just put it on any 12 volt line correct?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #8

Garage
also one more thing what do i need to set my revlimiter to when running nitrous and what should i set the the wot from 1-2 and 2-3 for a 100 shot
Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
Mr. Freeze

Garage
I use DiabloSport so I can't say about SC.

I've got the ZEX Hemi Truck wet kit on mine.

Run N2O off your stock (factory back-up) tune. In DS I modified all the parameters in the stock tune. The reason you do this is to ensure there are no timing issues that could cause pre-detonation and blow the intake (or worse) off your motor.

The directions will tell you to RETARD (pull) Zero degrees for 75, 2 degrees for 100 shot, 4 degrees for 125 shot.

As I don't know your year I can't tell you what color wire to connect to for WOT from the TPS(white wire).

For Rev limiter set it as far up as you can.

For Max Shift rpm set at least 200 rpm BELOW Rev Limiter.

For example:

My Rev limiter is at 6600.

I had white lightning (Dave) do a custom tranny tune which sets ALL my shifts at 6000. He also set other tranny perimeters and I don't need the Sonnax line pressure booster any more. His tune woke my beast up. I highly recommend contacting him.

I would also suggest getting a RPM Window Switch for additional safety.

VA4MEDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #10

Garage
I have a 2008 4x4 QC Laramie with the 5.7 Hemi it has jba headers magnaflow customer pipes aem bruteforce cai TB spacer and the superchip u can see it on cardomain type bigredhemipower