At it again!!! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Nitrous Oxide Topics

Old 12-17-2007, 08:35 AM   #1

At it again!!!

Well after a certain someone didn't bother to show back up at the track I put my TCI convertor BACK in to see about further tuning my combo. I discovered that one of my fill tanks had a bunch of air in them instead of N2O so I wasn't getting the gas as I needed it. I fixed that issue and went back to the track with the new convertor in the truck. I still believe that with the current combo that it may still be a little too much convertor but I plan to change the camshafts here shortly and put the 6.1 in it. I also plan to intall a set of 4.56 gears and see where we end up.

Yesterday I was able to pull a 1.71 60-ft. time and got it down to a [email protected] The MPH is still obviously off but the 60-ft. time is a monster for a daily driver truck that is as quiet as it is. If the camshaft and gear doesn't drop the E.T. anymore then I am going to snatch the convertor out AGAIN and send it in to have Andre and them tighten it up a touch.

I also have a few other tricks up my sleeve. I went ahead and got the "Big Shot" line out of my LS1 T/A (It is being turbo charged.) and will use a set of ported solenoids that I have. I also plan to install a 20-lb. bottle. I believe that even on the small shot that is on the truck the increased volume will reduce the pressure drop and there-by only help, hopefully reducing the E.T. even more. I will keep ya'll posted on my findings. Take care and Merry Christmas.

Jimmi

PS - I will scan the time slip and post it on this thread ASAP.

J

Big Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Board of Directors (Jay)

At it again!!!

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #3

At it again!!!

What track did you run at?? I was already over in Alabama when Steel decided to cancel there T&T, they said something about it being too cold The DA would've been killer there yesterday, and on top of that would've had about a 15mph tailwind. Did you go with a edge converter??
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #4

At it again!!!

Montgomery is holding Test-N-Tune on Sat. and Sun. now until dark. The new folks have the track hooking GREAT!!! I have not gone with the Edge convertor as of yet. I am trying to see if this TCI is going to get me where I need to be. If not I am going to call them back up and see what is going on with it. If all else fails I guess I will be shelling out more money for an Edge. I would really hate to do that since I am a TCI dealer and do use and sell their convertors but what can you do if the things ends up not working??????

Jimmi

PS - You should come on down one weekend. If you do give me a shout 334-538-5868.

J
Old 12-17-2007, 12:09 PM   #5

At it again!!!

BTW - What gears are you running in your truck if you don't mind my asking? Thanks in advance.

Jimmi
Old 12-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #6

At it again!!!

That's a pretty long haul for me. I may try to come down there if Steele won't stay open this winter. Let's try to meet up sometime at the track, I'm gonna try and be at Steele this Sunday if there open. How long of a drive is it to Steele for you?? The right hand lane hooks very good at that track.
I'm still running the factory 3.92's with a Auburn Gear LSD. I'm crossing the traps at roughly 5600-5700rpm's with my 295/45-17 MT drag radials. Now that the weather is cool my mph should pick up and I should be crossing the traps at roughly 5800rpms, my cam makes peak power at 5900 so I think this combo is going to work out pretty good for me.
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #7

At it again!!!

Pimp Juice, I can try and get up there one weekend but I recently had to put my girl on the road and she lives up there so it is a little funky for me in that regards. I love that track as it has always been good to me. If you decide to come down this way let me know and I will pay your way in and save you a spot. Thanks for the info on your truck. Take care and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Jimmi