A BIG heaping, stinking load of........ Well, you know. - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Nitrous Oxide Topics

Old 11-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #1

A BIG heaping, stinking load of........ Well, you know.

I put the TCI convertor and new N2O plate in and to say that I am dissapointed would be an understatement, not with the plate but with the convertor. I had heard that it was probably too much but did I listen? That would be a BIG OLE h*ll no!!! I do wonder if it would work well with the 6.1 cam and a set of long tube headers but I know it has dropped my speed 5-MPH. Can you believe that 5-MPH!!! To add instult to injury my ET was two tenths off my previous best. As I stated above I wonder what it would do with the 6.1 cam and long tubes but then I also think that it would probably pick up by taking the convertor out and installing the FJO controller to work with the plate. The truck leaves great but then falls on it's face. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Jimmi

Big Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2007, 08:21 AM   #2

I've heard of a few people having problems with the TCi converters, mainly on the topend. I installed a Edege 3k stall in my truck a few weeks ago and I'm loving it so far. I wonder if you could get your money back on the TCI and buy a Edge?
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:29 PM   #3

I am certainly going to try. They can at least give me a credit. Take care.

Jimmi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #4

What stall speed did you get?
dr.dred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #5

Yeah, what are the specs on that thing? I have an Edge 2600 and so far it's the best mod.
Hemiplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM   #6

Also, what new N2O plate and what do you think of that?
Hemiplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #7

I finally got a chance to run the 1/4 with my new converter. I did lose a little mph but not much at all. Before I added P/P heads and the converter I trapped 101.74, yesterday I ran 102.40 with the heads, converter, and better weather. I think it probaly hurt my mph by about 1.5-2, but the 1.75 60' N/A more than makes up for it. That was with a Edge 3k stall with the billet upgrades.
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by proudhemi:
I finally got a chance to run the 1/4 with my new converter. I did lose a little mph but not much at all. Before I added P/P heads and the converter I trapped 101.74, yesterday I ran 102.40 with the heads, converter, and better weather. I think it probaly hurt my mph by about 1.5-2, but the 1.75 60' N/A more than makes up for it. That was with a Edge 3k stall with the billet upgrades.
You know I am wondering if I was blowing through the convertor. I realize that on the N2O it is going to flash higher than it normally would and it makes me wonder if that is causing it to flash too high and taking the stock camshaft out of it's peak torque range too fast. Now I am wondering if I were to go ahead and put the 6.1 cam in it and some 4.56's if it would be anymore efficient. The 4.56's are going to tighten the convertor up a touch and it is my understanding that it is after 3000-rpm that the 6.1 cam starts to shine in the 5.7 motors. Hmmmmmmm......... Thoughts?

Jimmi This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Geek, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:59:58 GMT-0800', '20 November 2007 09:59 AM')+''); 20 November 2007 09:59 AM
Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #9

Just a thought.
When my friend put a KB on his mustang the TQ was causing his converter to flex and it would slip above 4000-4500 rpms. Is your new converter rated high enough to take all that TQ?
Again it's just a thought I may be way off on this.
weyount is offline   Reply With Quote