Strange Engine Miss - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Engine | Modifications, Repairs and Performance

Old 03-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

Strange Engine Miss

I've done some searching and found some good info, but can't quite find the answer. I have a strange miss, mostly during highway cruising. If I'm doing 70-80 and roll into its really noticeable. I was getting codes P0205 and P0305 so I thought it was an injector. I took all the injectors out and inspected them. I even rigged up a purging system and ran some cleaner thru them. They all seemed to work well. I reinstalled and swapped #3 & #5 injector. I am still getting P0205, but not P0305, which is strange. It tells me that its not the injector because I swapped and still get the #5 injector code. It will clear itself after a while, then come back. Could it be an electrical or computer issue? Any ideas? Thx.

416_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2010, 08:20 PM   #2

Strange Engine Miss

i had a similar problem but not with this truck, i found out the spark plug wires shouldn't be touching the injector wires, i believe the injectors were picking up the signal and with cheap wires it might be possible
sppb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:09 AM   #3

Strange Engine Miss

I just solved a 2 month issue. Everything kept pointing to an injector but they all SEEMED to be firing. I put a finger on each injector and found one that I couldn't feel a definate "pulse" from. I plulled the wire and the engine ran slightly rougher so it was working.....somewhat. I have extras so I replaced it and it was the issue. It looked nice and clean.
BILL3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #4

Strange Engine Miss

This is old news, but thought I would share anyway. Talked to one of our local reputable service guys. He told me was either a bad inj driverin the PCM or short in wiring, which is basically what the Trouble code says. I went to easy route and spliced in a new piece of wire (inj driver wire) from PCM plug all way to the inj. Soldered it in. Solved my problem. Guess there was some kind of weird short in that wiring. Who knows.
416_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #5

Garage
Strange Engine Miss

good info to know, thanks for sharing..
chefred112 is offline   Reply With Quote