e-fan in stock shroud - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Engine | Modifications, Repairs and Performance

Old 06-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #1

e-fan in stock shroud

Has anyone tried mounting a big electric fan like this on ebay inside the stock shroud about where the stock fan would be? This fan is about the same size as the stock fan. I would make some brackets to mount it to the 4 unused hole bosses that are on the back edge of my stock shroud. (Scroll down the ebay listing to see this fan in a Ford shroud). Is this gonna work?
Also, what's the best adjustable controller? Can I mount the fan relay in the stock fusebox?

NewBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #2

Garage
e-fan in stock shroud

I have a Flexolite under my stock shroud

ROLLING THUNDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

e-fan in stock shroud

The 18" Lincoln Mark VIII fan fits inside the stock shroud perfectly and they're rated at 4300 CFM.
04HEMIQUAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #4

e-fan in stock shroud

The Mark VIII is mounted in its own shroud like the Taurus, right? This one basically has no shroud. It's supposed to be more cfm than a Taurus but less than the Mark VIII. Also less current and I'm thinking less noise. Anyway, it's ordered up, so were gonna find out in the next couple weeks! I'll update when I get it in.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
"Bob"

Garage
e-fan in stock shroud

like this, viper fan
motorscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #6

e-fan in stock shroud

The big *** Furd fan
[img]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n486/NewBlueRam/E-Fan/efan002.jpg">
is in and seems to be working OK.

Many more pics here:
[url=http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n486/NewBlueRam/E-Fan/[/img]http://s1136.photobucket.com/a...86/NewBlueRam/E-Fan/ [i]This message has been edited. Last edited by:
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #7
Board of Directors (Jay)

e-fan in stock shroud

I'm no electrician, so, this might be a stupid question. Why the need for relays, and/or controllers? Couldn't it just go directly to the battery with a fuse, and toggle switch?
Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #8

e-fan in stock shroud

Jay- I suppose that would work if you wanted it to run all the time or be controlled by the driver. Running all the time would be less efficient than the mechanical fan. I wouldn't trust myself to control the temp with a switch. With a controller, it only comes on when the radiator gets above your setting. It never runs unless I'm stopped or going very slow. The relay is just a way to switch a high amp item like a fan motor with a low amp switch or thermostat.

Bob- I missed your response before- yes, like the Viper fan you pictured! I always thought the viper fans came attached to a shroud, I didn't know you could mount them to the stock shroud like that. Are they spendy? I heard they really draw the juice.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #9

e-fan in stock shroud

About a month ago I finally finished this up by wiring in a manual switch and an LED to indicate when the fan is running.

I switched +12 volts to the unused A/C wire on the fan controller to act as a manual fan on, and I used the output for an optional second fan motor to drive the LED. Works slick.

Overall, I'm real happy with this fan. I'm probably going to put in a 180 (or 190 if I can find it) thermostat and call it good.