CEL question. Help - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Engine | Modifications, Repairs and Performance

Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #1

My check engine light has been on for a while now and I finally got a chance to try and fix it. My truck is a 2004 1500 2WD SLT 5.7l Hemi. The truck would surge and the RPM's would flux about 300 RPM at speeds between 25-30 mph. I took it to auto zone and they said that there was a code for a bad egr valve but that was being caused by a low voltage output from the TPS and that my TPS was not working correctly. I did not get the code number, I know I should have. I changed out the plugs and throttle body due to having to get a TB since the TPS is not a stand alone piece. After changing these parts the truck seem to be running strong with no light, due to the battery being disconnected, but the surge was gone, but the light came back on during the first drive with in a mile. I dont want to take the truck to the dealership so I guess I will have to buy a code reader. Does anyone have any advice on where I should be looking? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

My check engine light has been on for a while now and I finally got a chance to try and fix it. My truck is a 2004 1500 2WD SLT 5.7l Hemi. The truck would surge and the RPM's would flux about 300 RPM at speeds between 25-30 mph. I took it to auto zone and they said that there was a code for a bad egr valve but that was being caused by a low voltage output from the TPS and that my TPS was not working correctly. I did not get the code number, I know I should have. I changed out the plugs and throttle body due to having to get a TB since the TPS is not a stand alone piece. After changing these parts the truck seem to be running strong with no light, due to the battery being disconnected, but the surge was gone, but the light came back on during the first drive with in a mile. I dont want to take the truck to the dealership so I guess I will have to buy a code reader. Does anyone have any advice on where I should be looking? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #3

Pulled the code today. P0405. Anyone have any ideas. From what i can gather from the net sounds like I should change the EGR valve. Anyone agree or disagree?