Are you Surging??? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Engine | Modifications, Repairs and Performance

Old 10-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1

Are you Surging???

Guy's i've been trying to get this solved.My new tuner think's he can solve this problem,but dosen't have the adjustment's in the truck cmr software he need's to make.If you have a DSP and a surge please post your experiance's with it here.Thank's Guy's
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...=153973#153973

TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #2

Are you Surging???

Yeah, OIF 06-07.

Sorry, couldn't resist being a smart a##.
Hopefully some of the Diablo guys will help.
CavRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #3

Are you Surging???

That's cool CavRam.lol Can't beleive all these cammed truck's and no one has a surge issue of some sort?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #4

Are you Surging???

I have the stock cam and use a Superchips 3815. With or without the tune in it, the engine will have a surge like when I'm coasting down a hill at 20-25 MPH.
Is this surging while coasting what you are asking about?
CavRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #5

Are you Surging???

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CavRam:
I have the stock cam and use a Superchips 3815. With or without the tune in it, the engine will have a surge like when I'm coasting down a hill at 20-25 MPH.
Mine does the exact same thing, up and down a couple hundred RPMs.
hemiram32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #6

Are you Surging???

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CavRam:
I wish.lol Go to the link i posted i described it in there.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #7

Are you Surging???

Update: Diablo is helping with the surge.Johan has made 2 attempt's at the surge and both time's it has helped.The stopping surge is higher than 700 rpm with a slight fluctuation.It no longer drop's below 700 rpm when stopping.(it's liveavble) This ought to stop the lunge (at time's) and the dieing when stopping and turning.He has also lightened the take off surge.I'm hoping they continue to help get rid of the rest of the surge.So it look's like there's hope for any of us with a bad surge.Hopefully Johan will be able to get rid of the rest of it and make it common knowledge so everyone has access through your cmr tuner.Think this show's Great customer service from Diablo.Keeping my finger's crossed for an end to The Surge.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Are you Surging???

Anything new here. Hope everything is fine for you now.

Just took a look at the thread you posted.

1%er here. No comments to share. This message has been edited. Last edited by: arocketman, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Sun, 14 Nov 2010 20:24:59 GMT-0800', '14 November 2010 11:24 PM')+''); 14 November 2010 11:24 PM
arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #9

Are you Surging???

Well guy's i tried my best to get a resolution to this problem.They have helped the surge to the point where it's liveable but it's still not acceptable.The last tune of turning egr off cost me about 1 1/2 to 2 mpg.I've put a few mile's on this one to see if the adaptive's would make it better.It's not happening though.This tune is going to have to go and i'm probable going to back up to the last tune that helped.I once made the statement how do you know it's not hurting proformance.Look's like there's truth in that statement.With the truck surging less i have noticed it has a little more get up and go on take off.I'll have to say Diablo is a little out of the loop.Saying it's only 1% of all truck's in cmr is pure bullshit.I think there looking at it through Diablo handheld eye's not cmr. That statement made me mad.(There way of saying SORRY.)They have been helpful and i did'nt want the thread to get out of hand,but still get my point across.My mission was to make our truck's w/cam's more enjoyable for all of us to drive,not to start a war.All in all my truck is more enjoyable to drive but it's not helping the Hemi community with the solution we need.They are good people they just need to get out and see what i'm saying.If they could have rode in my truck before there help they would be singing a differant tune.I'm at a sticking point with them.I guess we'll just have to deal with the surge and wait and see if they give us what Mike Lafrad asked for.(I know it can't be that hard for them to pull one more pid out of the DCX to help us.)There's only one alturnitive to get them motivated to get on this for us.That would be for people to not just sit and take it.They need to let there voice's be heard in that thread.They need to realize that it's way more than 1% and we need a resolution.So it dosen't matter what handheld your using let your voice be heard.It's our community and why should we let the Chevy,Ford's and every other vechicle they support get all the attention.PLEASE POST UP AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD FOR THE GOOD OF ALL.(Or just keep surging and not get our share of what we paid for.)Your Choice.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Are you Surging???

I hear you. There comes a point where another option is explored. No easy answers with our trucks PCM's.
Best tune I got was on the dyno with the tune writer and that was a race tune that was okay on the street daily driving. Diablo has issues that there is not an answer for. Other manufactures are working at breaking that code too. So in the mean time.....we surge.
arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote