6.1L Intake Manifold - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Engine | Modifications, Repairs and Performance

Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #1

Im looking to replace my intake manifold and was wondering if the 6.1L SRT-8 will fit ok... I don't mind have to reroute tubing for air intake, but wasn't sure if everything will line up/fit.

Also curious about switching to electric fan, anyone have suggestions on reliable product?

Thanks

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
AZRedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #2

Im looking to replace my intake manifold and was wondering if the 6.1L SRT-8 will fit ok... I don't mind have to reroute tubing for air intake, but wasn't sure if everything will line up/fit.

Also curious about switching to electric fan, anyone have suggestions on reliable product?

Thanks

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
AZRedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #3

5.7 heads? It works but it's far from a direct bolt on. The parts for the conversion is out there though.
SLT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
David

Garage
Inertia Motorsports has a kit for that conversion.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #5

Yep Inertia Motorsports provides the relocation bracket to relocate the A/C + Alt. Modified timing cover is also included.
I recall a member on here or another forum selling the manifold/fuel rails and the relocation kit for a good price.

You will need 5.7/6.1 port adaptors from either CTP or Modern Muscle. I would suggest the thermal gaskets too.

If you have a 02-05 you will prob' need to go shorties or 6.1 ignition coil setup so you get rid of the long cross over wires.

Fuel Line Hose Adapter to extend your fuel lines.

New CAI

E-Fan

Other tid bits i cant remember now.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #6

Pic to route belt.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM   #7

Garage
CTP doesn't have the adapters anymore, he sold the design to Modern Muscle. As an FYI, if you get a ported manifold, the adapter plates need to be ported as well and you can get a combo deal from Modern Muscle if you get both plates/manifold and porting at the same time.

You need to strip the wiring harness and reroute everything and delete the EGR, I just got the BT delete kit. I also talked to Chris from LMI and he has sent out a few "Hammer" intakes for guys doing ths conversion and some of the pics I've seen have been pretty nice.

The manifold, injectors, rails, and timing cover + bracket were for sale over on LX forums last week... and bought by me since I'm doing this conversion in the very near future.

CharonBlk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #8

Garage
Sorry to thread jack, but two questions:

Can you still use the stock truck fuel rails/injectors, or do you have to upgrade to the 6.1L fuel rails and injectors? I've also been told you don't need to extend the fuel lines, that they'll reach if you give them a tug. I got the zex kit off of a challenger so was wondering if I needed to order the truck fuel adapter or if I can use the challenger one that came with the zex kit.

What did everyone else do about the PCV? After pulling the truck manifold you've taken away the PCV, and I know the 6.1L has it on the front, but is it still functional in that position?

I only ask since I have a catch can I was planning on installing on the 5.7L (pre-09) before I got the 6.1L manifold. I was thinking about just using the retrofit PCV valve I had planned on the valve cover and connecting the other end of the catch can up to the 6.1L manifold's PCV hook up for the suction.

CharonBlk07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #9
Stu

Garage
Very good questions CharonBlk07.
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #10

Good to know w/ CTP

The seller where i got most of my conversion pieces was able to stretch the fuel line just fine but i personally did not want to do that.
Used the zex kit like you mentioned.
http://www.zex.com/zx/fuel-lin...-jeep-srt8-hemi.html

Think i used the same EGR delete kit too. Had Sean remove the EGR codes in the tune.

I also used a LMI Hammer CAI and was very happy w/ it. Ended up replacing it with a BFI that i had scored cheap.