Hemi Truck Club banner

Stone Dead

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Hugh Jassole 
#1 ·
Hi guys, been away awhile getting divorce and stuff. Tried to start working n the 05 ram again after it's been sitting for the last year and a half. Battery is fully charged, terminals are tight & clean, I've got nothing. No horn, lights, interior …..nothing. Any idea where to start looking ? ASD I tried already with another one. Not sure where to start looking, any ideas ?

#2 ·
Welcome back... I would start with following the ground wire. Cleaning terminal, then chassis ground. Then follow the the pos side to the common terminals. Corrosion is the only enemy of sitting for a long time...

#4 ·
I was just thinking of you ,I have to go out to Belford nj to look at a 2012 Ram ,

as for your issue, try what Greg said after that I'd look at the TIPM box,
the 04 Plum GTX I bought 2 years ago for a song and 71 B-body D60 had nothing. I got it home swapped the Tipm after reading some post from some guy here in Cali truck started right up. when I broke the Box open(not that hard )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puho2026BFs&t=221s
......I found that a solder connection for the ASD had broken from the circuit board.

#5 ·
When are you going, I'll meet you

#6 ·
Ok, up and running. Was a couple of little things and one big one. My under hood light apparently stays on, that's what drained the battery. The factory + battery connector was also hosed. No matter how much you tightened it, it was never tight. Replaced both clamps there. Turn out the "computerized" battery charger I was using, the one that told me the battery was 80% charged, was hosed. It wasn't charging, and giving me bad info. Replaced that and threw a 20 amp quick charge cycle at it, and it fired up. Turns out my 80% charged yellow top was sitting @ 4.6 volts. It's charging at 10 amps now and going through a "conditioning cycle" according to the new charger. It's something that is supposed to be good for deeply discharged AGN batteries. Thanks for getting back to me guys. Good to be back, it's been a rough couple of years

#8 ·
Its still in the engine, which will be coming out this winter. I'll save it for you ?

#9 ·
Truck looks to have a bad master cylinder now too, wtf ? It's almost like letting it sit is worse that the wear and tear of driving it

#13 ·
yup

#15 ·
Update, battery was fully charged and now sits @12.4v

It's a 7 yr old optima yellow top and I'm thinking it's spent. Was @ 13.4v when I disconnected the charger around 10 this morning. So, new master cylinder and battery next weekend. Wondering if I should throw a new booster at it too. It's the original as far as I know.

#17 ·
I could pre scout it for you, if you like. Or, just meet to say hello

#19 ·
I bought an 04 last night instead. I wanted that 2012 as a daily , I'm tired of driving this 14 RcLb I have right now, great truck but It's Long bed. lol

I'll post photos later on today.

#20 ·
I thought that was part of the sleeper mystic.... lol

#21 ·
it worked well for the last 2014 LB I had, sold it because it was getting away from Daily and practical and that 65RFE was starting to show it's relationship to the 545 ancestry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.