P0551 - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > General Repair Forum

Old 11-15-2017, 08:47 PM  
Slow Memeber

P0551

For the last couple weeks(maybe a month lol) I’ve had this code for “Power steering pressure switch” so I was gonna buy a new switch/sensor since it seems cheap enough, I haven’t really had time to search where it’s located tho? Would this mess with the trucks idle? It’s seemed to idle like crap lately like when driving and taking my foot off the gas. Also have a p0300 as well but seems to misfire at idle.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:11 PM  

You'll find the switch on the line coming off the pump. It's right at the pump, just look and you'll see it. It's suppose to raise the rpm at low speed when under a load. Such as turning into a store or when parking ect. It's deleted on the replacement line's, so I guess the factory figured it's not needed. I replaced mine cause it was leaking at the electrical pin's. (checking on them is how I found out about the delete.) You can find them on ebay from a Mopar dealer. Price is cheaper and free ship. Hard to say if it's your problem, but being your getting a code it won't hurt to change it. It's easy and only take's 5 minute's.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:55 PM  
Greg

Garage
The pressure normally is in the closed condition. If you unplug it, you should get an slight increase at idle. If you leave it unplugged you will get a dtc. But you can jump the two wires together and it will not have any effect to the truck running or throw a dtc.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel