Dodge down. - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > Technical Forums > General Repair Forum

Old 07-17-2017, 07:36 PM   #1
Tyler

Dodge down.

In a horrible turn of events my 2003 is toast. We had a massive hail storm this weekend the likes of which I have never seen before. I had just finished siding my house a week ago, which was all destroyed, and had my garage full of siding material so my Hemi was sitting outside. I hadn't been driving it as I had some suspension work I was doing so I never had any extra coverages on it.
It is going to be sitting for some time now. I simply can't let it go with the time I have into it and the amount of care I have taken with it. I just broke 58K miles this summer...

Stroked 397ci Hemi, Custom grind Ray Barton cam, Eagle heads, Functional Shaker hood, MM 87mm throttle body, Motive Gear 4:56 gears, Dynomax VT, Edge 3200 converter, Updated ignition coil conversion, Mopar side skirts, SRT 10 front fascia, Custom roll pan. 180 stat, JBA longtube headers, Rear 2" drop shackles, Custom Katzkin leather seats, many more interior and exterior touches...
TYSENUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
Greg

Garage
Man, its tough to see our old girls get beat up.. she's well worth fixing. Just take your time.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #3
Tyler

I will have to see how things sit after the dust settles. My house and garage took a beating as well. I have holes in the roof of both house and garage, all new eves with the siding was ruined, and it devastated my poor trees. My other two vehicles are beat to hell but I might just take a settlement on my Ford and drive it all beat up as it fared the best out of all of them, use that money to help fix the Hemi. I have a 2013 Caravan as well with 22K miles on it and will be shocked if they don't write if off.
Stroked 397ci Hemi, Custom grind Ray Barton cam, Eagle heads, Functional Shaker hood, MM 87mm throttle body, Motive Gear 4:56 gears, Dynomax VT, Edge 3200 converter, Updated ignition coil conversion, Mopar side skirts, SRT 10 front fascia, Custom roll pan. 180 stat, JBA longtube headers, Rear 2" drop shackles, Custom Katzkin leather seats, many more interior and exterior touches...
TYSENUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 AM   #4
Kevin

Garage
That's a bummer! I park my truck outside too and I worry every time there is hail. I was thinking of getting a hail protection cover like this https://www.hailprotector.com/ It's $430 on Amazon.

Check out my Ram truck feature page on Instagram @RamTruckAddicts and submit your truck pics.
BIG RED HEMI MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #5
Board of Directors-Bill

Garage
Just [email protected]

arocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:49 AM   #6
Stu

Garage
Ghost03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 AM   #7

Garage
Man that suxs , hail is that one thing I fear the most when it comes to rides I have to leave outdoors.
Lost a 30x40 garage/carriage house in Hurricane Sandy and hit my barn real hard, My house was ok, my moms was a wreck, two 60X80 builds that are on that property were hit hard also ... Everything in my barn was fine, but the 30X40 (110 year old carriage house ) collapsed only thing holding up the roof was my 69 M-code fastback Cuda on the lift, my 68 Road runner was under the cuda ,that survived, a few scratches here and there had a 78 Lil red that was in ok shape that got a black walnut tree across the hood and cab.... fought with my insurance company from 2013 to last year, they were fine with paying to put up the new pole barn, and paying a reasonable amount for the Lil Red... but the Cuda they fought me tooth and nail, because "it was in the air and not on the ground" WTF did that have to do with anything, it was in the carriage house, had full coverage on the Cuda, for it's appraised value and they still fought me.

Hope it all works out, you know your hemi buddies will do our best to help....insurance might bone you...but on the bright side you have us.
ric3xrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:39 AM   #8
Greg

Garage
That had to be some heavy hail to knock holes in the roof. Really hate to see what it did to the vehicles. Not even counting if someone got hit by a chunk of ice.
Apologize for the mis-post. Late night mix up, maybe a moderator can delete it.

1956 Jeep Pickup Hemi powered "Street Rod project"

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #9

This is terrible news. Look's like the truck is the least of your problem's at the moment. I think this heart felt by all of us. I hope it all work's out for you and your home and truck get fixed better than new.

TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #10

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool View Post
This is terrible news. Look's like the truck is the least of your problem's at the moment. I think this is heart felt by all of us. I hope it all work's out for you and your home and truck get fixed better than new.

---------------------------------

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote