After 2 years of building my house and my truck having to work hard combined with no time for maintenance, my truck is an absolute mess. It got so far that i've been thinking hard the last couple of weeks to pull the drivetrain for a future project and part out the rest.
, is just can't, i really enjoy this truck and underneath the worn out body there is still an epic stroked, manual shifter, SRT brakes,... truck!
I'll revive the truck, instead of spending 20k for a new (2ndhand) truck, I'll spend (hopefully a lot less :-) ) the money on fixing up my truck!
Looking for input from all your guys on my plans, see 'the list' :-)!!
- get rid of the 03 pcm and upgrade either to an 05 or aftermarket ecu
- remove true dual exhaust with termination boxes and replace with a Y pipe setup ----> want the truck to be a bit quieter, looking for suggestions on mufflers!
- new headlights as mine are faded and worn out ----> where to buy, any recommendations?
- new front bumper, current one is a shitty fibreglass SRT10 one, will go back to a stock hemi bumper
- remove the pillar pods and the plx devices data logging system and replace with an ipad/android head unit with a stand alone afr system integrated ----> any recommendations
- new front seats as mine are worn out completely ----> easiest way would be to go the leather SRT10 interior route but a full set runs about 2K here and is more than I want to spend for that. Any other options seat wise?
- fix various things in the interior
- roll pan
- fix the damn air leaks in the window seals so the wind noise doesn't make me go crazy anymore!
- repaint the truck
- maybe new rims
- lots of other things
My truck is already fairly modded, I did most things in my driveway with limited tools. I am now in a further stage in life and have a workshop with a 4 post lift and about all the tools I would ever want. I plan on redoing some stuff, but properly, more 'beautifull' this time, will post my mistakes from the past and how I try and do it better the 2nd time around.
Anyways I'm back :-) !
Christof Matthys - 2003 2x4 QC Ram hemi - 0-60: 5,4 sec @ 6900 pounds - tuned by Charged392 - 392 stroker - vararam - Flexalite Efan - 170 T stat - Taylor shorty wires - pacesetter headers - true duals - evap delete - airco delete - truetrac lsd rear diff, 3.92 gears, T56 6 speed manual - homebuilt rear axle flip - Charged 392 design longbars - energy suspension poly bushings - michelin contisportcontact 275/30 R20 - 2/4,5 drop - hydroboost swap - srt front 4 piston caliper swap - PLX Devices AFR, fuel pressure, OBDII logger