Hemi Truck Club banner

Ordered my new tuner today.

3K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  arocketman 
#1 ·
I ordered a new tuner for my Ram early this morning and I am ready to put it to good use. I ordered a Superchips 3950 Cortex tuner, can't wait for it's arrival.:dance::D

#3 ·
Nice! Trust me, it's worth it just to have the MDS turn off lol

#6 ·
I have some previous experience with the Superchips brand and it will tune the transmission. Some of the other popular brands do not have any transmission support. I do not have a race truck, so with my mods, a standard tune will work fine. I really don't see a need for a custom tune along with the higher price tag.

#7 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and ordered mine today.
Diablo Trinity T1000. Should be here Monday. :thumb:

#10 ·
My Trinity has arrived. I guess I'm not getting much work done today. :hide:

Attachments

#12 ·
Thanks J.

Only problem is althought their website says it supports the 03 1500, hemi, it does not come up as an option on the tool.
I have a tech request in on the website so I guess I wait. :sad:

#14 ·
Got mine all updated, OEM tune backed up and the MPG tune installed. I'll check it out on the drive home from the shop. :popcorn:

#15 ·
I installed my Jet 180 t-stat on Saturday, so now that it's ready for the tune, I installed the Performance tune on my truck this evening.:brows:

I do have a question on the use of 91 octane. I run 89 octane in my truck now, so do I really need to start using 91 octane? I think I read somewhere, that some people have switched to the 91 octane, but did not see any difference in performance or MPG.

#16 · (Edited)
I do have a question on the use of 91 octane. I run 89 octane in my truck now, so do I really need to start using 91 octane? I think I read somewhere, that some people have switched to the 91 octane, but did not see any difference in performance or MPG.
Higher octane helps eliminate detonation, from the higher advancements of timing. That's how some of us have managed to be plagued with piston #3 braking apart,

Attachments

#19 ·
I went ahead and toped off the fuel tank with 11.6 gallons of 93 octane premium unleaded fuel. This should help bump up the 89 octane that was already in the fuel tank.:D I will maintain 93 octane as long as I have the performance tune.
The performance tune is FANTASTIC:eek:, especially the transmission changes, more power off the line, and MUCH better shifting.:brows:

#20 ·
I just loaded the 87 performance tune in mine and re-did the pin 10 mod. Now to go out and play. Going to UAR Performance in the morning to see what they can (if anything) tweak for me. They have a dyno there too but I don't think i need to put it on there yet. I really want them to look at the injectors and see if they can do some adjustments to match the setting to the injectors better. Or what ever they can find to get my mileage at least back to what it was or better. I can't hang with this 12 mpg hwy junk.:facepalm:

Will update when I'm done there.

Have fun with your new tune settings. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.