Hemi Truck Club banner

Manual tune

4K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  charged392 
#1 ·
Having trouble finding a company that is willing to flash a manual tune onto my pcm, so far I've contacted B&G and Afterhours Mopar Performance but they haven't replied :-(.

Any other shops that are capable of doing this manual flash onto a 2003?

Thanks

#2 ·
Christof, I'm working with B&G on some tuning and can bring this up. Basically they have the capability to do it all, but getting them to understand what it is you want can be challenging. They are really not comfortable with 03 5.7 PCM's. My understanding is that the engine will run with the TCM unplugged. But there will need to be a wiring change for the Neutral/Park engine start function to work. I believe I read on one conversion thread that the owner had SuperChip company, not tuner reflashed his PCM, which I have never heard they could do any PCM flashing before. See if you can find a 2500 manual truck with the same accessories as yours and get the VIN. With that said I have been recently told a PCM will not work if the VIN is not correct for the truck. This is not correct as I have used a salvage yard PCM for the last couple of years with a mis-matched VIN. Good luck..

#4 ·
If you could get someone to reply to my mails, that would be great. I understand the 2003 pcm problems and don't expect any warranty or stuff like that, just want a manual flash.

Or maybe I should just skip all this stuff and try megasquirt :D:D

#7 ·
Already did, diablo did the tuning but the actual flashing of the pcm with a manual tune was done by afterhours mopar performance.

#9 ·
Wouldn't know they haven't replied to my mails yet :ermm:

#11 ·
I got some numbers of Otniel, but my spoken English isn't that good, I prefer to mail especially for first contact :) They'd probably hang up on me if they hear some weirdo in a foreign accent mumbling about flashing tunes on an 03 :).

#12 ·
There must be some other shops than afterhours performance and B&G that can do this manual flash?

#15 ·
B&GPerformance, ShopHemi, ShopJeep and Arrington all fall under APISpeed (Arrington Performance Industries). I don't know the actual business structure but it looks to be all under the umbrella of APISpeed. Dave is there doing tuning as I spoke to him a couple days ago.

#16 · (Edited)
Christof i'm posting this link not for the pcm, but for the info. Scroll down and they say they have the capeablility to flash the pcm. Maybe they might be willing to help you out. Worth a try.

03 Dodge RAM 1500 5 7 at ECU ECM PCM Engine Computer 769 56028769AE Prog B | eBay

Edit: Option 2

Being Greg said the vin dosen't matter you could just swap pcm's. Mileage might be off and i don't see what size tank to make any differance. Same people so they may work with you to get it flashed to match.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-Ram-2500...ies&hash=item4ad5ca6650&vxp=mtr#ht_3570wt_998

#17 ·
Christof i'm posting this link not for the pcm, but for the info. Scroll down and they say they have the capeablility to flash the pcm. Maybe they might be willing to help you out. Worth a try.

03 Dodge RAM 1500 5 7 at ECU ECM PCM Engine Computer 769 56028769AE Prog B | eBay

Edit: Option 2

Being Greg said the vin dosen't matter you could just swap pcm's. Mileage might be off and i don't see what size tank to make any differance. Same people so they may work with you to get it flashed to match.

03 RAM 2500 3500 5 7L 5SPD ECU ECM PCM Engine Control Unit Computer 56040511AF A | eBay

Two points here.
The mileage is NOT held in the PCM and I don't know why they ask for it. Second, the PCM listed is cheaper than what B&G wants for reflashing.

#18 · (Edited)
You guys are lifesavers!! Can anyone think of a reason why a 2500 ecu wouldn't work?

Edit: Just read the ebay ad completely and it says it's for a 36 gallon tank, my truck has the 26 gallon tank, could this cause problems (other than the gas gauge being wrong, I assume?)

Also need a VIN for a 2003 2500/3500 manual truck, any ideas where I could find one?

#19 · (Edited)
You guys are lifesavers!! Can anyone think of a reason why a 2500 ecu wouldn't work?

Edit: Just read the ebay ad completely and it says it's for a 36 gallon tank, my truck has the 26 gallon tank, could this cause problems (other than the gas gauge being wrong, I assume?)

Also need a VIN for a 2003 2500/3500 manual truck, any ideas where I could find one?
These guys aren't regulated by law so I'd give them your VIN and tell them you have swapped your automatic for a manual trans and the only change needed is to change from the 36 gal tank to 26 and if that is a problem then don't mess with it, The 2500 manual PCM is what you want to use to make everything work.

Edit: I don't know if there is a difference in the fuel level senors, if there is then you can change the sensor on the pump assy to 36 gal and it should read somewhat correctly.

#20 ·
I know that they are different years, but when I put a larger tank in my truck they flashed my PCM and the gauge now reads correctly. I think they just need to change the sales code to show the larger tank. The dealer could not do the flash, the regional office had to do it. Evidently there are certain things that the dealer does not have access too.
Jay

#21 ·
its an emission change that a regulated pcm update.

as for finding the vin not sure how to do that without asking someone for it lol. but yes getting a 2500 pcm should work in your case due to it being a 2003. i would email some of those computer sales places and see if they can work with you to make it work correctly.

#23 · (Edited)
#25 ·
Breaking down the VIN I don't see where it identifies the transmission type. That must be embedded in the last 6 digits. Anyone know?

#27 ·
#28 ·
No doubt in my mind you have a solution.... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.