Hemi Truck Club banner

Innovate Motorsports Data Logging question

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  rowdog_14 
#1 ·
I was looking into changing my tuning over to Diablo but just might stick with SCT and data log with Innovate LM2 or OT2 with a LC2. The only big difference I see is that one will work with my Iphone(OT-2 w/LC-2) and the other LM-2 is just a handheld that will have all the functionality as the OT-2/LC-2 combo. Even if I get a new phone I can do data logging with the computer directly is I got the OT-2/LC-2 route. Also it will be way cheaper is I get teh OT-2/LC2 combo instead of the LC2. Has anyone used this and how did you like it compared to Diablo if you have used Diablo. If you have not used Diablo how did you like the Innovate Mortorsports Datalogging?

After looking at this I really am thinking that Diablo will not log as much as this Innovate stuff.

#2 ·
Diablo will log everything except actual AFR since out truck do not have 5 wire widebands in them it will let you look at all fuel injectors all cyl timing and other bit of info there is. As for innovative don't have a clue

#3 ·
You can data log a wide band with Diablo. My trinity accepts two aux sensors. Bill data logged his wide band with a predator I believe. Know I'm not sure if you can do that with the intune or not? All you need is a analog/digital converter.

#7 ·
He logged the afr with the lc1 from innovate. The lc1 is actually just an older version of the lc2 that I want to get. This will actually make getting the predator a great deal. Plus I can log with the predator and get a custom tune from that for my sct and compare custom tunes on a dyno and see which one will give the best performance. I have always asked people which is the best for custom tuning and this would finally settle that :)

Thanks guys this changes things up a little and makes a third and probably better option for me.

#10 ·
Yeah that would be te innovate OT2 with the lc2 I was talking about in the original post. The ot2 is a logger and the lc2 allows reading of the afr and lets the ot2 combine that with the logs it generates from the ODB port.

#11 ·
From what I can tell the ot2 and the lm2 are more expandable with sensors than the diablo but for what I need the lc2 with an old diablo will probably get my custom tuning right where I need it for a nice daily driver with a comp 268.

I am writing down a direct comparison between all and will post my findings in a little bit.

#12 ·
Ok well I'm going to stick with my gopro in 1080hd since that mode records the afr guage and 480 doesn't this way I can see tack and afr guage at same time yes will have to look at other parameters thru predator but that fine for me

#13 ·
A lesser known option is the plx devices system. It's an obdII gauge that can also datalog on pc through their version of palmer performance scanxl software called plx logger. Have to admit it's quite hard to setup but once you have the 'hang' of it, works nice. It can datalog 4 obdII pid's alongside any number of aux sensors like AFR, fluid temp, fluid press, boost/vac, egt,...

Simple example datalog, RPM is obdII, afr aux sensor, you can setup the datalog visualisation any way you want, you can even make your custom gauges if i'm not mistaken.

Gauge itself, in 1 parameter mode, don't have picture in 4 parameter mode but you can find them on their site. "www.plxdevices.com"

Control boxes installed in glove compartment

Ps, will be back home next wednesday, so you can expect a couple of plx datalogs for the tune you sent me! :coolsmiley:

#14 ·
Checked out the site and looked at some of their products. Looks good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.