Hemi Truck Club banner

HP Tuners VCM Suite

18K views 194 replies 16 participants last post by  Rays04GTX 
#1 ·
HP Tuners VCM Suite, is it any good, anyone here have any experience with this system and soft ware?
I have a chance to get it (owners of the company I work for are asking if they buy it for me will I use it) just wondering if it's worth it or should I try and get the diablo instead

#8 ·
Not true... Works amazingly on the 09+ Cars and trucks.
I have not seen it used on 03-08 so I cannot vouch for that.

#6 ·
We'll be releasing 8 speed tuning support on i2 and Trinity in the next couple weeks.
I tuned one of my guys 15 Ram TCM yesterday and its chirping 3rd gear, and he says it feels like it picked up more power (lots of limiters, especially in the lower gears, in the TCM).

It will be custom tune only for the time being, but there are some solid gains to be had for sure.

Thanks

#7 ·
I'm looking at only because the guys who own the company are heavy in to the LS stuff, boss is buying it offered to hook us all up as a summer bonus.
it's supposed to be real good for the VVT motors. been looking around their site and it seams to be behind the curve for the older hemi Rams.

#9 ·
Josh , your 2016 is an 8 speed correct ?

#15 ·
This Thread is a bit old... And HP tune's has made some changes in their software and now have the ability to tune the Gen 3 Hemi trucks. My engine builder Billy GFBP has been successfully tuning gen 3 trucks with they're tuning platform... And if anyone is interested in buying it he can get it at a discount.

#18 ·
Well I guess we will know shortly if the new HP tuning works on our beloved g3's. Both Mark and I have them on order. My contribution to the thread will be very basic as I'll use a cheap dedicated laptop to run it on. Found one on Best Buys the meet the requirements. 2Gz, 4M ram, SSD drive, 14" screen and good battery life. HP uses credits, with dodge mostly calling for two credits ($49 ea.) Once your vehicle is licensed it has unlimited tuning. This may not be for everyone but I seemed to be continuously changing stuff. So doing my own tuning only makes sense. Those who are already tuned with cmr I have read and been told can convert their present tune to HP format and use it as a base tune. This platform is wide open and there is no safety net. To convert your current tune all you do is copy the tune from your pcm using the HP editor and save it. It now is in the HP format. Use your diablo and restore your original backup to the truck and the diablo is unmarried and can be disposed of in whatever manner you choose... Then load the saved HP tune and you have a good base tune to work from. Sounds simple, I should have everything together next week and we will actually see how simple it really is.

Reactions: YeahItsAHemi
#21 ·
It does have a steep learning curve and no safety net to save you from yourself. But with that said there are a lot of things we can already do that will send parts flying. The main thing i see is to use your current tune as the base tune.

#23 ·
Recieved the HPT MPVI2 tuner today! I'll have ti wait on the laptop until later this week.. bummer.. living in the sticks with poor internet at best I'll be happier after I have registration and credits bought and can limit my internet usage.

#24 ·
Also want to mention Billy @ GFB Performance is were I bought the tuner, sent me some of his personal tuning files to open and practise on before I jump into my own...

Reactions: bada44
#26 ·
Mark, man! I thought you would of had that done already....

#28 ·
Cool stuff, I’ve had my eye on the HP stuff before, can’t wait to see how it works out for you guys

#32 ·
Recieved the laptop. Now I need to charge it and I'll load it at a friends place that has wifi. All I have at home is my cell which I use as a Hot spot. Connection is poor to say the least. I'm not really concerned as I won't be using the internet once I have everything setup.

#34 ·
Keith, very much appreciate the support. Terminology is going to be challenging, but the little I've seen so far there are some similarity with Megasquirt. I'm excited to get started.

Reactions: YeahItsAHemi
#35 ·
I have it up and running on the laptop. Bought credits, but damn if I know where they are stored or shown.. windows 10 is also new to me... so I'm not having a grand time. But it's interesting..

#36 ·
The Tuning School is a friend of mine here in Florida.

I've known Bob and Mandy for a number of years now. They have classes on HP tuning. I never got involved with it because the 03's weren't supported. I need to check in with him now. Thanks for the videos Mark. It reminded me that Mark teaches HP.

https://thetuningschool.com/pages/meet-our-staff

Reactions: Redtruck-VA
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.