Hemi Truck Club banner

"Fuel Maxx" fuel maximizer control module?

14K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  pri_i_oh 
#1 ·
Anyone seen or used these? Promises up to 35 HP and 4 mpg. just wondering if anyone has used one of these and how legit they are. It seems a little to cheap and easy to be legit but who knows I guess

#4 ·
Same as a power wire.

#5 ·
My truck has 3.55 gears and I think I might actually get better fuel mileage if I change it over to 3.73 in the way of thinking that it won't have to work as hard. My AWD Hemi durango w/third row seat and 20" wheels with OS tires gets about 4 mpg better than my ram....what are your thoughts?

#6 ·
You are on the right track, but IMO you should go deeper. 4:10 or better yet 4:56.

#7 ·
I really like the factory 4:10 ratio that came in my '06 2500. If I keep it at 55 I can usually get 14.7-14.8 in summertime, wintertime it drops to 14.3-14.4. It is SOOO hard to keep the right foot out of it though, I rarely get those kind of numbers on consecutive tanks because...well...HEMI...that's why lol

#11 ·
Not sure how much difference there is between your auto od and 6th gear with my manual but I'm only turning 1950 rpm at 60 mph with a 4:10 gear ratio.

#9 ·
Hi All,

3:55's 15 on back roads 20 on the highway with the 6 speed.

preachp

#12 ·
4:10 gear, 28" tall tires turning 2150 rpm at 65 mph = 17 mpg. Of course that changes a lot when the old girl gets leaned on..... ;)

#14 · (Edited)
[QUOTE It is SOOO hard to keep the right foot out of it though, I rarely get those kind of numbers on consecutive tanks because...well...HEMI...that's why lol[/QUOTE]

With you there :D

#16 ·
Hemi like 2200 for cruise.

#19 ·
Hi pri

I got about 19 mpg. But at 3500 miles I think it is still breaking in.

preachp

#23 ·
Hi All,

Hi Satanpumpkin, Well unfortunately when the smiles per gallon goes up, the miles per gallon goes down.

Yeah pri, I averaged 17.9 miles on an 650 miles trip, mostly highway and some around town.

preachp

#24 ·
Ive noticed that theres something thats not quite right about how my truck runs. It almost like a miss but its not. I guess the best way to describe it is it kind of sounds like its gurgling sometimes. I changed out the plugs and it disnt change but im wondering if I should have gone with NGK plugs. Everyone was saying just stick with champion copper but alot of the research ive done sounds like I should go with NGK platinum. From what I u derstand the newer hemis come with half copper and half platinum which makes no sense to me.

#25 ·
Hi pri,

I've had brand new plugs have a crack in the insulator that caused a misfire. I found out the hard way that if you have a cracked insulator and you touch that particular wire you are a far less resistant path to ground than the cracked plug is. Anyway the easy way to test is to pull one cylinder's plug wires off at a time when if you pull one and don't notice much difference then that is the bad cylinder. Put one plug wire back on and if there is no change then that is the bad wire. If it smooths out then it is the other one. Don't forget to check the coil that fires that plug to make sure it is not the problem.

preachp

#27 ·
Study up on "Waste Spark". That'll tell you what you want to know.
My 03 likes the NGK 4306 plug which is one step colder than stock. NGK 5306.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.