Hemi Truck Club banner

"Fuel Maxx" fuel maximizer control module?

14K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  pri_i_oh 
#1 ·
Anyone seen or used these? Promises up to 35 HP and 4 mpg. just wondering if anyone has used one of these and how legit they are. It seems a little to cheap and easy to be legit but who knows I guess

#29 ·
definitely very interesting. According to quite a few forums and write ups, it seems as though we should be using double platinum or iridium plugs. I will say that at 10.00 per plug I'm probably not going to go iridium but I'm wondering if I should change my plugs to double plats. what's the deal with the "shorty wires" how's that work?

#30 ·
I would recommend you identify what are advertisements and focus more on actual results. Champion Copper and NGK's cost under $2 each and do an excellent job often better than the more expensive plugs. Shorty wires simply use the single COP to also fire that cylinder's second spark plug instead of the second spark plug of it's companion cylinder. In 06 Dodge went to the dual coil COP design and eliminated the waste spark High Tension wire with the waste spark being fired then by a second Dual coil COP located on the companion cylinder.

#31 ·
well I understand that, this isn't my first rodeo. It just seems like there is quite a bit of confusion as to what plugs to use. I understand this is a similar argument as what oil to use. However, it looks like even Dodge cant make a decision considering at one point they use copper for one set and platinum (or dbl plat. cant remember for sure) for the other set straight from the factory.

#35 ·
I just noticed the wires were numbered and it was either cylnder 6 or 9 and since its only an 8 cylinder....process of elimination....lol

It seems to idle smoother so well see I guess. Im really hoping I dont have the valve spring issue that alot of people seem to be having but its been like this for the better part of a year so I would think it would have collapsed or something by now

#37 ·
I just bought a new coil and put it in. It seems to run smoother so ill see what happens. I still need to take care of my small emission leak though. I think thats just from the locking gas cap. For some reason those have a tendency to throw that code. I think I want to do that sea foam treatment too. Just for good measure

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.