Hemi Truck Club banner

diablo trinity

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Starchief_59 
#1 ·
I just bought a diabli trinity and have a vararam intake and magnaflow exhaust. I have a 07 2wd swb reg cab ram. Was curious if this truck should bark 2nd gear and spin the tires on take off. It just barks the tires taking off. Not a big deal just curious what others are experiencing. I have 305 50 r20 tires with 3.91 gears I jyst figured this truck would blow the tires off.

#6 ·
factory coils are plenty strong just saying they work fine on my 392 and 12psi setup not a single missfire.

barking the tires is deff gonna be a little bit for you esp if your trans is factory tuned. there is so much over lap between shifts to prevent that. a custom tune can get them barking now but trans wont last long. with added ho mods and a tiny trans tune 2nd bark is possible.or you could build a 392 and put a blower on it like me and first/second will roast the tires from a dig/roll/45 lol

#7 ·
Not sure about the 07 but you'll also need to turn down/off you torque management.

#8 ·
I believe turning down the torque management is built into DSP tunes if I read their website correctly....been looking into getting a tuner

#9 ·
Either SuperChip or Diablo should be able to adjust TM. Higher stall converter also would help get the truck to jump.

#10 ·
With a 3.55 posi and 31" tires I could bark the tires with Diablo, Edge or SuperChips and that was around 50-55mph. I could nail it from a stop and roast them all the way through first. I was only running 14.5s in the 1/4 but after I did the 4.56 gears I have no doubt that if I could hook up I'd break into the 13's. I lost like 3/10s in the 60' by going to 4.56s because no traction but I gained 4 or 5mph

I'm hoping to break into the 13s once I get my truck back on the road

#11 ·
Each truck is obviously different, but at some level of performance you have to start driving them with consideration of available power verses traction. I'm personally lousy at it and often take several tries to find an acceptable balance. Can't just stomp the throttle. Just changed from 28" tires to 30" and was surprised how it changed traction for the better. Believe I will settle for 29" for the street with Kumho 255/55-18

#12 ·
I actually got better traction with 31" BFG ATs than the 28" or 29" nitto 420s. I'll probably go back to BFGs for everyday driving and just run some cheater slicks for the track

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.