Hemi Truck Club banner

Diablo, "The last tune did not finish" error and TCM 116 error

6K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  rowdog_14 
#1 ·
I am ready to burn this fing truck.!!!!! Got a used Trinity and went to update it before I connected to my truck. Diablo was returned to stock. I ran all the updates listed. Went outside and tried to run the tune and it failed. I had a battery charger hooked to the battery because of the volt issues I have read about.

Anyways, I got an error TCM...116 error. The Diablo rebooted and then will ask to restore the original. When I say yes it say that it can not because it was already done or never saved. Then reboots and repeats the process. Anyone have this type of issue :(

I unloaded my SCT before doing all of this :)

#2 · (Edited)
It sounds like you TCM Calibration my not be supported at this time. Mike Lytch who works for Diablo will chime in, but probably on Monday. Did it ask you to do a force calibration to another ID? I would go ahead and post your PCM/TCM ID's here. They'll be asking for them.

#3 ·
The only thing that sucks is that my truck is sitting in an odd spot and my HOA I probably going to fine me :(

When you say Id's are you talking about the serial number on my PCM and tcm?

#5 ·
Yes, I set the year to 05 because I read on a the diablo forum that if you have a 04 set it to 05.

#6 ·
It's always worth a shot the other way. Who's doing the tuning for you? Just curious, have you spoken to them. Are there templates in the database for you TCM ID?

#7 ·
I have decided on the a tuner yet. I was goin to either just do data logging with the diablo and have flyinryan tune me through my sct 9550 or do white lightning.

This time I was just trying to do an canned tune to see if the diablo would load because the diablo needed an update for my truck to load when I purchased it from the guy. So I was mainly just tryin to see if I could get it to tune my truck and then I was going to put sct back on it for the time being until I decided to stick with diablo or diablo. I also was goin to atleast reach out to hemifever and see if he could get me a better tune if I sent him a data log before I fully switched to a different tuner.

#10 ·
Won't your truck start without a tune installed? Just curious, I see you have a 268 cam, but I would think it will still run...

#12 ·
Yes a comp 268 will start on a factory tune. My issues is that when I turn the key nothing happens. I have unhooked the battery and even tried hooking up my sct to run the diag and it does not see the ODB port :( it says error 11

#11 ·
It is in a constant reboot cycle.

I got an error TCM...116 error. The Diablo rebooted and then will ask to restore the original. When I say yes it say that it can not because it was already done or never saved. Then reboots and repeats process over and over. I do not have acces to the main menu anymore.

I unloaded my SCT before doing all of this

#13 ·
Here is where my truck is at. The HOA is going to fine me lol.

Attachments

#14 ·
Damn, none of that is any good. I've also had my share of problems with the DSP and have a spare PCM to bail me out. There is plenty of good help on the forum to help you. Good luck..

#15 ·
Yeah I might end up buying a spare just like you!

#16 ·
I got mine out of a salvage yard and just plugged it in and fired her up. Depending on your accessories whether you can do the same. Mines a base model. I get very weird when my truck is dead.

#17 ·
I might try that. How much did it run you for the junkyard PCM.

#18 ·
I paid $100 for the 03 PCM.

#19 ·
I am not really upset about the situation :) the way I look at it I can still data log and monitor with the diablo when I get it worked out and just keep tuning with sct. I have never had an issue with sct.

I was going to spend $299 on innovate for data logging so either way I was going to be out about $300 to data log.

#20 ·
I am not really upset about the situation :) the way I look at it I can still data log and monitor with the diablo when I get it worked out and just keep tuning with sct. I have never had an issue with sct.

I was going to spend $299 on innovate for data logging so either way I was going to be out about $300 to data log.
You have a calmer nature than I do. I think what pissed me off the most was Diablo's attitude. It's been a few years ago and I'm getting pissed off all over again just thinking about it. But your 04 has support that the 03 will never have so you are probably good. Do you have any friends with a 04 you can borrow the PCM from?

#21 ·
Well this sucks. Hope you get it worked out quickly. On the predator when a screen like that came up you could hit escape and it would go to main menu is that an option on the trinity? Sounds like it had a comms issue mid write. Diablo can walk you thru a force calibration may or may not work just gotta try. Why would you select 2005 on an 04 that's an odd thing. What about 2003 they don't need any special selections wonder if that had something to do with it.

#23 ·
When I selected 04 I do not remember seeing the 5.7 hemi. I think it only had the Diesel engine. Then I remembered a diablo forum post about using 05.

#27 ·
The front is a painted original base model with a smooth and painted upper cowl cover. As for the center console I have one I can send you for $30 plus shipping or $50 total. It is just the frame and padding, you will need to have it covered.

#29 ·
Great, I replaced my original seat with a SLT leather seat from a 04 Laramie back in 04. My original was horrible.

#30 ·
Did yours come with thy crappy vinyl or were they cloth? I've never really been worrying about doing stuff to the interior. But after sitting Tyler's 11, I want some 4g seats. An also seen Bill have these billet seat handle adjuster things an they looked real slick too

#31 ·
The original had a cloth cover but it was over something like a cardboard frame. Like seating on a park bench. Plus no center console. All I can say is they were super light. I was able to sell it since it was brand new seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.