Hemi Truck Club banner

Diablo, "The last tune did not finish" error and TCM 116 error

6K views 46 replies 8 participants last post by  rowdog_14 
#1 ·
I am ready to burn this fing truck.!!!!! Got a used Trinity and went to update it before I connected to my truck. Diablo was returned to stock. I ran all the updates listed. Went outside and tried to run the tune and it failed. I had a battery charger hooked to the battery because of the volt issues I have read about.

Anyways, I got an error TCM...116 error. The Diablo rebooted and then will ask to restore the original. When I say yes it say that it can not because it was already done or never saved. Then reboots and repeats the process. Anyone have this type of issue :(

I unloaded my SCT before doing all of this :)

#33 ·
Hey guys If I were to get a buddies 04 Hemi PCM and put it in my truck. Would that cause any crazy stuff to happen to where his truck will act crazy after I put his PCM back. Also just to make sure there is only one computer on the 04 and it include the PCM/TCM with the one box?

#35 ·
Yeah that is what I thought but reading the posts above about an 03 I wanted to be optimistic. :) and just make sure I would not do any damage to his PCM by hooking into my truck

#36 ·
I believe the VIN flash is to support the various accessory packages. Now if it has a security key then I'm sure it wouldn't work. On the 03 with the separate TCM it doesn't cause any problems for the trans. Otherwise I think it will work.

#37 ·
Got my truck started!!!!!! I wanted to cry for a min there. Diablo Tech support unfortunately was not able to help. I did some clicking around and was able to get it started back up.

#39 ·
Cool.

Cartoon Gesture Pink Finger Eyewear

#40 ·
What was the secret?

#41 ·
Well I searched for a while and found a guy that said that the PCM/ECU was probably in a tuning mode and not a run mode keeping the ODBII port locked. So I said let me try to reload a calibration onto the Diablo and then try to load it up to the truck. My thought was if I could get the calibration to load and set the PCM back to a run state then I will be in business.

So I connected the Diablo Trinity to the computer it went through the same error screen as usual. I hit the up scroll button on the diablo, which I did not notice until the tech support told me :), and this allowed me to cancel the restore and access the main screen. So then I updated the calibration on the Diablo. I then went out to truck and it gave a new error that the calibration did not load successfully. I hit ok to continue with the calibration update. It started loading and actually made it to 100%. Then it asked to do the key on and off cycle and that failed. So the diablo said it failed the calibration update but I notice the the SQUARE around my P symbol on my park dash board was there now. So I turned the key and heard the fuel pump kick on, YESSSSSSSSSSS and then turn it to start and it started and stalled out!!!!! I was happy. I tried to load again but it failed. I said F diablo and reloaded my custom SCT tune from hemifever and I am running good. I am going to still use the diabo to datalog though :) I have not drove it around but at least it is running and I have it in my driveway :)

#42 ·
Sweet that you were able to back the diablo out.

#43 ·
Data logged with it. It is very, very, very easy to setup the data logging.

#45 ·
Works good for me and my setup outside of not being able to data log. I do wish it had more user features. My question to you though is what are you wanting to do with your truck? Stay mostly stock, minor bolt ons, or nice modifications?

I have the SCT 9550
-It will do the following
-tune with canned tunes(preset from SCT)
-do custom tunes but you need a person to write those
-Diag check engine light and battery volts
- It will not allow any user modification like
-Tire height
-Transmission Shifts
-Data logging

I would only recommend the SCT 9550 for someone needing a custom tune and no data logging, because you will be better off buying SuperChips for a factory setup vehicle or with minor bolt-ons or Diablo for an all in one tuner for factory setup/Custom tuning/Data logging/User modification

That being said the SCT x3 is now out and has added features but I have not researched it enough give my input.

I just picked up a used Diablo Trinity for mainly its features and data-logging. I love the ease of data-logging, vehicle monitoring, and track features(0-60mph / 0-100mph / 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile). I do not plan on tuning with it because I have my SCT. Custom tuning really only comes down to your person tuning and not really between Diablo or SCT. So I will data log with Diablo and send the log in to have a my SCT tune tweak more.

I know this was long but hope it helped. Just let us know what you plan on doing with your 06 Ram.

#46 ·
minor bolt on have a 180 stat cai and different exhaust but i use mine for towing and can't tune trans with diablo i have a whitelightning tune in it does ok but the trans sucksdon't plan on any more mods or just get rid of truck but i really like it i see the new sct is out haven't reaserched it yet.

#47 ·
Yeah people still love the superchips trans tune over diablo. I used superchips trans tune and loved it. I did not even mess with the shift schedules just the torque management and canned shift schedules. Personally if that is all you have I would do superhips and call it a day.

If superchips had custom tuning available I think they would kill the market :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.