Hemi Truck Club banner

Bricked Trinity, Internal update installed

10K views 46 replies 7 participants last post by  kcd1369 
#1 ·
I connected my unmarried tuner to my wife's car to read a trouble code and when I connect it the trinity powered up and as soon as it powered up it gave a "An internal update has been installed that requires a reboot Please unplug your Trinity briefly to cycle the power.(1)". I did that with no success. So away to the forum I went. From what I can see from reading forums, I have to send this in to be fixed/reset.

Called Diablo Sport and they say sorry $99. I trully understand warranties and buying used products but DA--. Pluging in to read a trouble code and it bricks the Trinity!!!

Mike at Diablo has the nerve to tell me that it is probably why the last guy sold it, because he was having nothing but problems with it too. The guy sold it because he got a honda that is not supported and sold his 300 that he was using it with. I can prove both.

Even when I did not have Diablo I fully recommended them for anyone looking to have an all around product. I am really about to totally jump off the Diablo ban wagon and say -- them. I am very unhappy.

I also asked Mike so. Even if I buy a new one and after a year I try and check a trouble code and bam error internal update,$99. Then I check a code again bam internal update,$99.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear about the problems with the Diablo service support, I see nothing has changed.

#3 ·
That stinks, that you have had so many problems with it.
I have one that I bought new and have not had any issues with it. hopefully that continues. :facepalm:

#4 ·
Yeah I know it is the nature of the beast but dang at least give me an option where I can fix it. Diablo and other tuner companies have consumers in the palm of their hand and at a rock and hard place.

This is what I just sent to Mike

One last thing...I am sure you get this a lot but it just makes sense. Even if something is out of warranty it would be great to give the consumer the ability to fix it themselves that is usually the norm with any product. I understand the software licensing however you want to call it that you all are in. I am sure there is a way for you all to make a executable file or reset disk that checks for an unmarried tuner and if unmarried then it will reset the tool and if not unmarried and lock then the tool will not reset. You have the consumer at a rock and hard place with forcing them to come to you all with all repairs not matter what the issues.

Please have your support look into this. This will make your company even better...

Not everyone is able to buy everything new and I am sure you have used products in your house too. This Diablo Trinity has been the first used product that I had no other option but to send it in to the manufacturer to get fixed.

#5 · (Edited)
So I was trying to make a direct conversation with Mike offline and he give this BS statement on the forums to the public. Just shows how you try and be respectful of the situation and they still say -- you.

He also emails me back and says it has a bad com chip and needs to be replaced. Are you serious Mike, but hey I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

#6 ·
WOW!:angry:
So what he's saying is they don't have pride in their product. And don't care to offer support to someone that is willing to try them out.

I wonder how things would be with mine, since I got it through Amazon and not directly from Diablo. It was still new. I assume Amazon would be considered an authorized dealer. But now I don't know.

i sell Soundog table top audio products through my website Soundogusa, And my web optimization guy has done such a good job on my site that people doing a search think I am the main company. Which I am not. But i still give them tech support if they need it.

Good customer service and company pride is something a lot of companies these days are loosing sight of and loosing customers along with it. :banghead:

#8 ·
I will say after I fixed my own issue with the Trinity and needed the registry reset they did give me a Tech Support Passward clear off the warning pop up. I actually could deal with the warning popup I just wanted to see about clearing it. Other than that, which really was not a big deal with me,they have really been no help.

#7 ·
I think the tuner companies need to have a buyback program to keep used devices off the streets if getting stuff fixed is going to be forced to just having them fix it. When I buy something used I go into it knowing that if something goes wrong I can buy parts or software to fix it if it ever craps out and fix it myself.

#9 ·
Well at least you can see some good with an (in my opinion) otherwise poor customer service situation.

#10 ·
Yeah, I am not one that will flam a company or product I am try and see both sides and Diablo knows this is an issue and it sucks and Mike saying it is a bad Com chip was truly funny to me. I will pay them their $99 because I want a bad A truck and I need data logging. Even my neighbor and my friend keeps asking me about how is the diablo working and giving them all these stories keeps them from buying the product. They usually buy new based on my feedback of a product.

#11 ·
When I worked as Tech Support and someone needed a reset of an application that just required a few min of my time I would just reset it warranty or not. I work at Uhaul part-time 2nd job and if someone comes in and ask me to do something hitch wiring related and it is something simple and will only take a few min out of my day I do it at no charge and tell them to have a good day warranty or not. Somethings are just good service no matter if the customer is a loyal customer or not. Companies kill me when they say we take care of our loyal customers. I love my loyal customers too and I take care of them at both my jobs, but sometimes a good service is a good service even to non paying customers.

Here is a forum post from Mike

we never advise buying used, and when you do, you willingly decide to avoid the warranty.

When you buy new, we cover everything, as its our place to take care of the customers who are paying us for our products.

When you buy second hand, the person you paid seems to bear no responsibility for what you bought...funny how that works :)

#12 ·
I went to their sight and read it.

You're like me. I try to give everyone a good experience when I deal with them. You never know if they will come back to be customers. :thumb:

#14 · (Edited)
The thing is, it is not just Germane to diablo but mostly all the tuner companies. My friend had issues with Superships too. My problem mainly is they have the consumer in the palm of their hand. Everything in my house except for this diablo and SCT,I can fix if something was to go wrong with it warranty or not, including my actual house. Do not pigeon hole me to having to have you the company fix any and every issue I have.

There should be a disclaimer too. As the consumer, you take full responsibility of knowing that if anything that requires service or repair will require 100% or dang near 100% :) intervention from the company directly and any and all repairs can not be done by the consumer.

If this is told to me and I know that I do not have an option of fixing something myself after a warranty period, screw that you can keep your product!!!!

#15 ·
I beg to differ, last week I had an issue with loading my SC3865 and it locked up. I called SC and told them what happened, I got immediate Tech Support and walked through how to download the current update and then given a free reset. I had to call a couple of times as I had issues with getting drivers to recognize the unit. And had no problems getting the necessary support. Over the course of the day spoke to three different techs and they all knew what was going on with my problem using a central data system with running updates as I spoke to each tech. I am super impressed with them. And you don't really want me to get rolling about my issues with Diablo. All I have ever gotten from them is cock and bull excuses.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Sounds like a canned response to a known problem that they do not want to issue a recall on. If this actually is the problem.

i just hope if mine goes out that it happens in the next 9 months. :banghead:

#18 ·
Yeah, MikeL said it was a COM chip issue in my email but his response was seemed so casual that I really took his response as just a quick answer to get me to just send it in. Plus it seems he likes to just give a remark that demines a person as if people they are ignorant. I even asked him to give me a call that could have solved this in one quick call. That is why tech support is best done over the phone and not done through a forum or email. Even when I called in the guy I was talking to about the issue never did say that this problem is almost always directly related to a hardware problem. Well another $99 down the drain :) I am just pissing money at this truck left and right :)

#20 ·
My beef with Diablo is with their piss poor service, not the tool itself. I'll admit I was turned off from them in the early days when all they offered was the DSP and corrupting the 03 ABS was common. But they claimed it wasn't their unit, but certain 03 trucks. I still get pissed when I remember being told I had a unique problem when the same issue was being reported over and over again. Unique my a$$! With that said I see CMR tuning as a necessity for many of our modded trucks.

#22 ·
I just asked my friend in tn that sold his ram did he still have his receipt. He said the same thing. He purchased it kept having problems and returned it :(....

#25 ·
Good old 03 not listed.... as usual..

#26 ·
Yeah I do not think anyone is going to touch the 03 :)

#27 ·
Just the way it is. You can see the interest in 3g waning and the 03 make's up even a smaller number among that group.

#29 ·
Keith I agree, but keep in mind they also not only don't allow adjustment of idle but rpm and speed.
I've questioned in the past having a kick a$$ tune that cuts off at 5800. And of course Diablo ABS issues remain. But times are changing hopefully and maybe we can get it together as you say with a B&G companion tune. :coolsmiley:

#30 ·
Trinity is back in the mail and fixed. Should be in tomorrow. Interested to see what the problem was because they never contacted me about what the issue was. Will update on what needed to be fixed on mine just in case someone has the same issue as me.

#31 ·
I have found talking to the various tuner folks is near impossible. They just plain don't communicate. :facepalm:

#32 ·
Yep :) I contacted SCT last week over email about HemiFever saying he is unable to tune with the 9550 because of the new version SCT that came out. I do not see how that is so. They have yet to respond back to my email. I normally try just email people because I am at my desk during their business hours and do not like making a lot of calls at my desk or walking out of the office to make calls.

#33 ·
I understand, It is frustrating to fight through a vender's maze and finally get an extension where you can have a continuing conversation with an individual and be promised a return call(s) only to be ignored and have to start over again. I'm fighting that at the moment where a vender has provided a service they believe is best for me and not what I have asked for. This might be a good thing except they haven't spoke to me about anything I'm doing and truly have no idea what my goals are and have ignored detail instructions. It is often a lot harder than it should be...

#35 ·
charged392

I am actually scared to try and tune it after what happened when I first got it. I am just going to data log with it and keep SCT for now. Plus I might be getting a bike and the truck is going on the back burner for now if I do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.