Hemi Truck Club banner

Bricked Trinity, Internal update installed

10K views 46 replies 7 participants last post by  kcd1369 
#1 ·
I connected my unmarried tuner to my wife's car to read a trouble code and when I connect it the trinity powered up and as soon as it powered up it gave a "An internal update has been installed that requires a reboot Please unplug your Trinity briefly to cycle the power.(1)". I did that with no success. So away to the forum I went. From what I can see from reading forums, I have to send this in to be fixed/reset.

Called Diablo Sport and they say sorry $99. I trully understand warranties and buying used products but DA--. Pluging in to read a trouble code and it bricks the Trinity!!!

Mike at Diablo has the nerve to tell me that it is probably why the last guy sold it, because he was having nothing but problems with it too. The guy sold it because he got a honda that is not supported and sold his 300 that he was using it with. I can prove both.

Even when I did not have Diablo I fully recommended them for anyone looking to have an all around product. I am really about to totally jump off the Diablo ban wagon and say -- them. I am very unhappy.

I also asked Mike so. Even if I buy a new one and after a year I try and check a trouble code and bam error internal update,$99. Then I check a code again bam internal update,$99.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

See less See more
#36 ·
Rowdog, what year is your truck?

#37 ·
It is an 04

#38 ·
Get the tune! :D

#39 ·
I have a tune just do not want to risk tuning with the trinity again.

#40 ·
Where's the adventure in playing safe?

#41 ·
I would rather just wait and get some good data logs in first. Then take a risk next year possibly. Plus I want to finish up the rest of my performance upgrades.

#42 ·
Ha ha brother I'm just pushing your buttons. One step at a time... :)

#43 ·
Yeah I figured. I wish I had $3k to just drop into the truck right now.:(

#44 ·
Don't we all....

#45 ·
:)...

#46 · (Edited)
Got my diablo Friday I was not home to pick it up Thursday. Looks like they replaced a few items and reset the software. Data logging working good. Still not going to tune with diablo, to scared :)

#47 ·
:thumb: good deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.