Hemi Truck Club banner

BG Pro Tuner Software

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  ric3xrt 
#1 ·
Whats happening my fellow tuners? I have a question. Is there anyone here lurking the forum that has purchased or used the Pro Tuner Software from BG Chrysler? I am an HP Tuners guy and have been for several years but I am always open to try new or different things. Even though I don't need their products I like the price point at $499.00 for the Software, a handheld tuner and the vehicle license.

Can anyone provide any input about this tuning setup? Is there anyone who has used this tuning software or the handheld tuner? I may just go ahead and by it just to play with it. I mainly would like to try it out on JTEC and NGC3 vehicles.

#4 ·
It's made for them by Syked works well ,they guy who started it was(and still is) a huge SRT4 guy started his own tuning deal because he felt HP was too complected...cheaper than HP, easier to do multi cars.
https://sykedecutuning.com

#5 ·
I just realized a few weeks ago that BG and Syked were using the same setup. I have been using HP Tuners for many years and I dont have any problems with it. I have so many JTEC tuning projects that I would like to be able to tune and HPT just released their JTEC stuff earlier this year. One of the biggest reasons I would like to try the Pro Tuner Software is because I have a race car that I want to switch from a carb to fuel injection and I want to do it with a JTEC PCM. I have everything I need to switch it over and I think Im going to go ahead an make the purchase.

Do you know anyone who currently tunes a JTEC powered vehicle that I could chat with about the software?

#8 ·
I'm trying to learn HPTuning.. making progress on my 05 pcm in a 03... I am "Redtruck-VA" everywhere...

#9 ·
Cool man. I went ahead and placed an order for the Pro Tuner Setup from BG directly. I was going to order the kit from Syked but it showed they were out of stock. I just happen to own several JTEC powered trucks and I can't wait to check it out.

I have a 1999 & 2001 Ram 1500 QC 5.9/46RE/3.92 that I am going to hit the Dyno with this weekend. I'm going to make some baseline Dyno pulls and do some data logging before I get the setup from BG.

On another project of mine, a 2004 Ram 1500 QCSB 5.7/545RFE/4.56 I am going to swap in a 2005 PCM in the next few days and start some fresh tuning on it with HPT.

#10 ·
The 05 swap into the 04 should be a direct swap. But there have issues requiring 05/06 o2senors to be used.

Reactions: ric3xrt
#14 ·
Reactions: fast69mopar
#18 ·
Soooooooo Syked is kind of a bust now.... Doesn't sell the hand held tuners any more (unless your a Neon Junkie) I'm guessing HP kicked his A$$ in the lawsuit

Never did get it to turn off the rear O2 sensor , did manage to "learn " my way around in it was able to do some much needed 545RFE tuning,
.....No Stu it wouldn't of helped your 03 PCM, I did buy the one that Syked sold for the 03's when my Nephew bought his 03, not a lot of "tables" to work with.....so out with the 03 ECU and In went a 2014 set up..(dash fits nicely)
BG still has the "hand held" listed on their website but I don't know if they still sell them.
I know Livernois doesn't list it anymore, but they have their own version for GM, it's very limited...they still do custom tunes.

Reactions: SUPER BEE
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.