Need new Exhaust - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kcd1369

Old 02-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #1

Garage
Need new Exhaust

yrs ago ripped out factory exhaust & went with FlowMaster 50 SI/DO with a 18" Glass pack to replace the resonater's. Had to replace the tail pipes several times (east coast BS), Now I am looking to renew the whole damn thing. I am looking at Borla & Magnaflow & anything that will stand the element's & of course sounds good.. I look to HTC for knowledge. Thanks to all

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #2

Garage
the front pipes on this are all magnaflow but the rest of the system is Gibbson , been on the truck for about 5 years (from what I was told) , not really a fair exemple as the truck sees very little "east coast" winter driving
Old 02-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
yrs ago ripped out factory exhaust & went with FlowMaster 50 SI/DO with a 18" Glass pack to replace the resonator's. Had to replace the tail pipes several times (east coast BS), Now I am looking to renew the whole damn thing. I am looking at Borla & Magnaflow & anything that will stand the element's & of course sounds good.. I look to HTC for knowledge. Thanks to all
If you want an exhaust system that will withstand the elements of the East Coast my suggestion is to go with a stainless steel setup. You will spend more money but you will only have to spend it once. You can do a complete stainless system from front to rear. Find a nice pair of stainless long tube headers if your AFE Long Tubes are not stainless and run a true dual setup. If you don't like the idea of the true duals then there are stainless y-pipes available too. Pick up a nice pair of stainless mufflers from your manufacturer of choice and hit the road knowing your exhaust system will last for a long time and sound great.
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #4
Gold-Member

Garage
This is what mine sounds like. Its got long tube headers to "Y" pipe to the Magnaflow 1 in 2 out 3" to catback duals. Sounds a bit tinny on my laptop speakers. Hopefully it comes out better for you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s15BXHHFux2RRw2S6
Redtruck-VA likes this.
05 1500 SLT Quad Black on Black | Pace Setter Long Tubes | Magna Flow Cat Back | Doug's Electric Cutout | Custom Ram Air Hood | Spyder LED Tails | Spec-D Black Projectors W/Halos | Flex-A-Lite E-Fan |Jet 180 Stat | K&N CAI | 20 inch wheels | Comp 268 Cam W/6.1 push rods and springs | Diablo Trinity | Custom Tune by Charged392.

kcd1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #5

Garage
Thanks Guy's, Has anyone used Cherry Bomb Gp's? I kinda like that crackling popping noise, I just can't find the right tone for the 5.7. I have heard it on Dodge Charger's 392's but never on the Ram 1500

« Exhaust drone | - »