Muffler for a 2013 Crew Cab - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 12-06-2014, 08:12 AM   #1

Garage
Muffler for a 2013 Crew Cab

I had a 2004 QC and installed the Gibson Supertruck system back in the day. I loved that system but it is more extreme than I want now for my 2013 CrewCab I recently got into, plus I like the dual exhaust out the back as set up from the factory. My understanding is that the stock exhaust is stainless so I would like to just upgrade the muffler and get something that sounds good but isn't as loud as the Supertruck was and at an affordable price. I want people to know it's got a hemi but still here the stereo LOL!! All suggestions are welcome!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
John

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdcobia View Post
I had a 2004 QC and installed the Gibson Supertruck system back in the day. I loved that system but it is more extreme than I want now for my 2013 CrewCab I recently got into, plus I like the dual exhaust out the back as set up from the factory. My understanding is that the stock exhaust is stainless so I would like to just upgrade the muffler and get something that sounds good but isn't as loud as the Supertruck was and at an affordable price. I want people to know it's got a hemi but still here the stereo LOL!! All suggestions are welcome!!
Is the Gibson Supertruck system the one that is single in, duel out with the rectangular tips, and exits out the right side in front of the tire?

SUPER BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #3

Garage
Yes that was the one I had...Sounded great but definitely hear in the cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #4

Many people like the sound of the magnaflow. I think they have a 14", an 18" and a 24" to choose from. The shorter the louder. One thing to beware of IMHO--if you change to an after market muffler that has any reasonable tone to it, when your truck goes into MDS mode your exhaust is going to sound like farting underwater. Many people also say that there is NO drone. After having 2 4th Gen. trucks with aftermarket mufflers I say BS. There is drone and the way to cure it is to turn up the tunes. Just my experiences.
Jay