Header install! - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #1

For those of you who installed your headers on yourself, what is the hardest part of it?? I looked down the driver side of mine and it looks real easy to get to from underneath!!

Most likely gonna go with Pacesetter headers with Y-pipe! Just cant bring myself to spend over $1000 for something that does the same thing for half the cost!

NashvilleHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #2

For those of you who installed your headers on yourself, what is the hardest part of it?? I looked down the driver side of mine and it looks real easy to get to from underneath!!

Most likely gonna go with Pacesetter headers with Y-pipe! Just cant bring myself to spend over $1000 for something that does the same thing for half the cost!

NashvilleHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #3

Jim it's not that bad take the wheel well liners out and you can get to the headers from there and underneath .when i did mine i went to my friends heating shop and used his high lo and lifted my truck up from the back .i think it took me about 3 1/2 hrs .

Gone but not Forgotten
07 laramie 5.7 hemi 4x4 QC Dynatech supermax headers, 4.56 gears, Vararam CAI, Black magic E fan. Alluminum driveshaft JVCnx7000 head unit 2-12" kicker comp, 2-6 1/2" alpine and 2 alpine 6x9 2 fosgate power amps 800 4 ch. &1500 1ch. 20" rims. Flex a lite E fan..160 db train horn. Diablo with custom tune from HEMIFEVER and White Lightning, Fastman throttle body

EVILRAM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 05:58 AM   #4

Getting the stage 8 lock's and clip's on. The clip's are a pain. The rest was pretty easy and just bolted together with the dynatech's. The only thing i needed to go to the muffler shop for was to weld a bung in for my wideband. If you plan on installing a wideband later, it would be easier to get the bung welded in before installing the header's. Good Luck Jim!!!
TooCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

Stage 8 a big time !!!
Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #6

hardest part was listening to open headers on a quick test drive
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 AM   #7

subscribed... i keep goin back and forth tryin 2 decide if i wanna avoid the hassle and try it myself or spend the money and let someone else do it. Im always nervous that im gonna break sumthin and end up w/my truck broke down in the driveway lol. good luck w/your install.
yellowbee #1511 is offline   Reply With Quote