Header install - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 08-23-2016, 05:01 PM   #1

Header install

When y'all replaced your headers with aftermarket headers did y'all replace the exhaust manifold too or just the headers? I was just curious cause some are saying replace both and some are saying replace only headers. I noticed one of my exhaust manifold heat shields seems to be loose and I think that the bolt broke off on the exhaust manifold (not 100% sure but think that's what happened). It's $142 with the gasket for each side, that sound like a decent deal if I was to go that route?

04ramhemi4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
Ariel

The headers replace the manifold. When I did mine all I needed were headers, oem gaskets and stage 8 locking header bolts..
Supercharged, Pacesetter long tube headers, Y pipe, Magnaflow muffler, cat/res delete, bilstien 5100 shocks leveled, 180 stat, Flex a lite 183 fan, trans booster, Edge torque converter 2800-3000, Rebuilt trans with a K45 kit, 4:56 Motive gears, Charged392 tune, HID headlights and fog lights
RAM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:18 PM   #3

Somebody has been feeding you wolf burgers, Brother. Aftermarket headers replace your stock exhaust manifolds.

As far as the exhaust manifold bolts, they have been known to break from time to time on our Hemis.
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #4

Damn wolf burgers, thats why I ask. I already have the gaskets ordered and on the way cause the crap that comes with the header will last about 5 minutes before leaking. You would think they would send better gaskets than what they do.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #5
Ariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavRam View Post
Somebody has been feeding you wolf burgers
Lol
Supercharged, Pacesetter long tube headers, Y pipe, Magnaflow muffler, cat/res delete, bilstien 5100 shocks leveled, 180 stat, Flex a lite 183 fan, trans booster, Edge torque converter 2800-3000, Rebuilt trans with a K45 kit, 4:56 Motive gears, Charged392 tune, HID headlights and fog lights
Old 08-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #6

Are there any brands to stay away from or any grade steel? I know it may sound like a stupid question but don't care cause ya don't know if ya don't ask
Old 08-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #7
Ariel

I got pacesetters which bolted up with no issues and other members seem to have had good luck with. I bought the coated ones and in about a year they began to rust. One sides worse than the other. I called pacesetter and after sending pics they want me to remove them and ship them on my dime so that they can determine if they'll fix or replace them. I wasn't so happy about that as I'm sure the turn around isn't going to be quick. They stopped responding to my emails at this point so I gave up. Despite that a lot of guys have got them and been issue free.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 PM   #8

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ramhemi4x4 View Post
Are there any brands to stay away from or any grade steel? I know it may sound like a stupid question but don't care cause ya don't know if ya don't ask
--------------------------------------
304 (or better yet 321) Stainless Steel is what you want IMO...

HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:11 AM   #9
David

Garage
Stainless will be your better option but will come with a higher price tag. Steel will rust but if you have them ceramic coated they last a whole lot longer. Here are my Hedman mild steel that I had ceramic coated.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:36 AM   #10
Tyler

Do not use aftermarket gaskets for the headers, use the OEM, multi-layered steel, gaskets.
Stroked 397ci Hemi, Custom grind Ray Barton cam, Eagle heads, Functional Shaker hood, MM 87mm throttle body, Motive Gear 4:56 gears, Dynomax VT, Edge 3200 converter, Updated ignition coil conversion, Mopar side skirts, SRT 10 front fascia, Custom roll pan. 180 stat, JBA longtube headers, Rear 2" drop shackles, Custom Katzkin leather seats, many more interior and exterior touches...
TYSENUS is offline   Reply With Quote