04-15-2015, 09:30 AM
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Fort Wayne
Exhaust Upgrade Help
So let me start by apologizing for my ignorance, (Insert apology here). I am just getting into the world. I have been combing this forum learning as much as I can before I asked my first series of what I am sure will be a long list of questions to come.
Truck background: Been a RAM 1500 owner for most my adult driving life. More importantly a HEMI 1500 Driver! I currently own a 2014 RAM 1500 ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. The only mod that has been done is a K&N cold air intake.
So whats next for me? Here is what I am thinking but I require your help.
I want to replace my Headers and Exhaust. I am looking for HP gain with this upgrade. So here are my questions.
1. Should exhaust upgrade be my first HP mod?
2. I am working with a budget however the budget is not defined yet. What do you recommend getting and why? I have been looking at JBA's website and it looks like they sell a quality product, however, I want to learn from the people that have done exhaust upgrades and get their opinions.
3. Cat or no Cat that is the question? What do you recommend and why?
4. Long or Short Headers and why?
5. And when its all done Should I get a tuner and if so what tuner is recommended for the Ram 1500? What is your go to tuner?
Did I miss anything? Please feel free to pick this post apart. Let me know what I have missed. And ahead of time Thank you!