Dynatech... adding non foulers questions - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 09-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #1

Dynatech... adding non foulers questions

I live here in TX... I went to an inspection joint to see what their standards are for inspection. They will see if I have cats and a muffler, and supposedly make sure that the exhaust exits outside of the truck... plus checking the onboard computer to see everything is clear and ready.

okay... so I am really convinced on the Dynatech Supermaxx headers. I know a lot of you have these so I need to pick your brains please... I've got a few Q's for ya'll

1. Are there holes already there for the 02 sensors?
2. (a) Is it a spark plug non fouler that fixes those problems? Does it permanently fix that problem?
(b) I found the non fouler that will fit the 02 sensor... do I need to put the non foulers on the back ones or all 4?
3. Anyone want to help install? LOL

I'm sure there will be a couple more questions after I hear your feedback... Thanks for your help!!!

Nunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #2

1. Are there holes already there for the 02 sensors?

Yes. There are 4 holes total - 2 front and 2 rear holes already in the Dynatech system.

2. (a) Is it a spark plug non fouler that fixes those problems?

Yes. You can get them at any auto parts store.

Does it permanently fix that problem?

No. I still get a CEL light occasionally. The next thing I am going to do is pack the fouler with foil or steel wool as other members have done and that supposedly works.

(b) I found the non fouler that will fit the 02 sensor... do I need to put the non foulers on the back ones or all 4?

You need four non-foulers, but they only go on the REAR sensors. You have to drill one of the foulers out so that your O2 sensor will have clearance and stack it with another one to pull the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow. See my link and look at the Picture "Y-pipe". You will see the "stacked" non-foulers.

http://s396.photobucket.com/albums/p...uck%20Exhaust/

3. Anyone want to help install? LOL

It's really not that difficult. Be sure to spray down your O2 sensors with some good spray penetrant and let it soak overnight....your sensors will come out easily if you do this!
slchemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #3

Okay... so my next set of questions is this...

These Dynatech setups... they come in pieces so that we can put the steel wool into the cats?

And how much steel wool is necessary? And will it muffle the sound?

Will the wool create heat build up in the headers? If so... is it significant?

As for the fouler, it it supposed to be stacked twice so that the 02 is completely out of the exhaust line? Do they have to be welded?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #4

Quote:
quote:You have to drill one of the foulers out so that your O2 sensor will have clearance and stack it with another one to pull the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow.
I have always wondered what you guys meant by drilling one out? They are open already right?
JustHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #5

Okay... so my next set of questions is this...

These Dynatech setups... they come in pieces so that we can put the steel wool into the cats?

No no...you pack the steel wool or foil into the bottom Non-fouler, NOT the cats!

And how much steel wool is necessary? And will it muffle the sound?

I haven't done it yet, so I imagine just enough to fill the bottom Non-fouler.

Will the wool create heat build up in the headers? If so... is it significant?

As for the fouler, it it supposed to be stacked twice so that the 02 is completely out of the exhaust line?

Yes.

Do they have to be welded?

No.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #6

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by JustHemi:
Quote:
quote:You have to drill one of the foulers out so that your O2 sensor will have clearance and stack it with another one to pull the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow.
I have always wondered what you guys meant by drilling one out? They are open already right?
If I remember right (I did this years ago) it seems that if you tighten the O2 sensor into only 1 Non-fouler, it will bottom out. So you drill that one out so that the sensor can go past it a little bit. They are open, but it is a small, small hole at the end of the Non-fouler.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #7

So the second 02 still needs to breath through, that's why steel wool would be better?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #8

I'm really not sure which is best, but I was going to try the foil first. Either way, yes, the O2 sensor needs to breath a little...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #9

Quote:
quote:If I remember right (I did this years ago) it seems that if you tighten the O2 sensor into only 1 Non-fouler, it will bottom out. So you drill that one out so that the sensor can go past it a little bit. They are open, but it is a small, small hole at the end of the Non-fouler.
oh, okay...that is making more sense now....sure it will when I see it even more.
JustHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #10

To experiment, I bought a new 02 sensor and that non fouler just about an hour ago. it fits in perfectly without drilling. the only thing that shows is 3 dots off the tip of the sensor, but it screws in fully. but if it goes into the cat the head of it will be inside the cat by half an inch, but if I do 2 non foulers, it's outside the cat by 3/4 to 1 inch. I wish I had a camera to show you guys... maybe tomorrow I can show you