Another Type of Camera? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

First it was the “Speed Camera”. Then along came the “Redlight Camera”. Now introducing the “Noise Camera”!

That’s right! The Noise Camera is currently being tested for accuracy and reliability of the technology in Calgary (Canada).

The system can be covertly mounted on a vehicle, which is then parked and left unattended at a location that municipalities wish to monitor. Once everything is armed, a microphone proceeds to register noise levels of passing vehicles. When a vehicle that exceeds legal noise levels is detected, a video camera captures footage of it, which is recorded - along with stereo audio - to DVD. Information such as the time, date and location of the infraction are superimposed on the footage, along with the vehicle's sound level in decibels.

Story 1 Link

Story 2 Link

So if you have those “True Duels” attached to your HEMI, like my ride, you may need to be aware of this system possibly being adapted to build up the revenue in your hometown. Shhhhhh!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

First it was the “Speed Camera”. Then along came the “Redlight Camera”. Now introducing the “Noise Camera”!

That’s right! The Noise Camera is currently being tested for accuracy and reliability of the technology in Calgary (Canada).

The system can be covertly mounted on a vehicle, which is then parked and left unattended at a location that municipalities wish to monitor. Once everything is armed, a microphone proceeds to register noise levels of passing vehicles. When a vehicle that exceeds legal noise levels is detected, a video camera captures footage of it, which is recorded - along with stereo audio - to DVD. Information such as the time, date and location of the infraction are superimposed on the footage, along with the vehicle's sound level in decibels.

Story 1 Link

Story 2 Link

So if you have those “True Duels” attached to your HEMI, like my ride, you may need to be aware of this system possibly being adapted to build up the revenue in your hometown. Shhhhhh!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
"Bob"

Garage
whats next
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
Board of Directors (Jay)

2003, Std. SWB, SLT, 20", 4:56 gear, AFE CAI, Superchip, 6.1 cam, 6.1 heads, Manley springs, retainers, pushrods, Edelbrock Hedders, 195 T-Stat, 8.2 Taylor, AEM, Power Wire, ARC-1,Amsoil Everything, and more. Veni Vidi Vici

HTC.com Titan Killer Club

Member # 17

Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #5
Retired BOD - Doug

Garage
Quote:
whats nex
They're going to put a fart monitor in your bathroom. EPA will cite you for foul emissions. Damn government intervention!

RANCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
tui

Garage
Down here the police have just introduced camera's/computors on patrol cars which read license plates and instanly alert officers of any issues affecting the car or owner.
Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.
tui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #7

That sounds familiar. A few years ago when I had my boat there were complaints from the people that owned homes on the shores and around dock bars that the loud boats were aggrivating. So someone in this great state of mine had the idea of limiting the noise pollution made by boats by introducing a law that a boats muffler can only produce 90 decibles or lower from 20 ft. away at idle, everyone else gets fine. I had twin carborated 355's with straight pipes out the rear. The big complainers were the idiots that bought their houses next to dock bars. I mean come on. If your going to buy a house next to a bar, especially a dock bar in a water oriented neighborhood your going to get some noise during the summer months. As far as I know the law went through, though I could be wrong. I havent paid any attention to the marine laws since I sold my boat.
aFe High Breather
Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust
30% tint
Amsoiled Everything
Nasta step bars
Torsion bar lift (re-keyed)
Line-X spray-in bed liner
Extang Trifecta Tonneau

9/11 Neither Forgive nor Forget.

Rum Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
I'll have to go try it out
HTC MEMBER #2460
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 4x4 Second Swarm #3248
2015 Peterbilt 389, 550hp Cummins ISX

AlbertaHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
Greg

Garage
Yep, one of the reasons I haven't had my Hallett jet in the water for so long. The lake patrol would hand me off from one unit to the next and basically made a hostile enviorment for the boat. That and it would go through 16 gallons in less than an hour when playing hard. Traffic fines are the main source of revenue for the leo. My last tricket was 67mph in a 55. Absolutely perfect day riding on a rural road. Hadn't seen a car for almost a hour until the trooper passes me and does a turn around and stops me. Went to court and damn near got arrested for attempt of court for telling the judge it was all BS as I was technically going faster than the posted limit but by no means speeding. The trooper had what must be $50,000 worth of equipment on his car to prove I was a criminal. Tax dollars at work...

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #10
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator

I'll admit there has been several times I have talked it over with the wife to have the HEMI toned down. She wants to keep it as it is...Nice and rumblely. It does keep me from having to put my foot in it most of the time when the lack of traffic allows. I must be getting older...