Aero turbine or Flowmaster - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Exhaust | Mufflers. Tips and Headers

Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 PM  

Aero turbine or Flowmaster

Guys im torn on this decision. I will have my longtubes shortly and I need to get some mufflers ordered soon. Its either gonna be 10 series flowmasters, AT3030, or AT3030xl. I'm not runnung any cats and Im pretty sure the H-pipe is comin out but here is what I have so far its 3" on both sides and dumps right at the back of the cab.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 PM  

After looking the xl's over they are out of the mix...too pricey and too quiet. I like loud but loud with a good tone. What I have now is just raunchy sounding and doesnt really have a tone till is on the floor then its sounds like a stockcar on cocaine...duh..it is straight pipe duals with no cats lol
Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 AM  

i would go with the Dynomax bullet, you can buy 2 for the price of one Flowmaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2010, 02:30 PM  

Flowmasters don't flow. Get the Dynomax bullets.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 PM  

it's true, flowmasters don't flow quite as well but IMO they sound way better than any other muffler on the market, at least the 40 series do.

If you do a search on here you'll find a comparison I found on a Pontiac site about mufflers and dyno numbers. If i remember right, all mufflers dynoed within a few HP of each other. So if you just got to have the flowmaster sound, then you'll only have to sacrafice a few HP.

I actually found out that the Flowtech Warlocks I'm running made the least horsepower of all the mufflers tested haha but they have cut outs in them that made the highest when they're opened up. They sound OK
Old 04-11-2010, 03:48 PM  

Really...well Im glad I posted Ive never even heard of the dynomax bullets. I figured the AT would be hands down opinion. I have heard exactly what I have with 10 series FM on my friends quad cab, and loved the sound inside and outside the truck. How comparable to the FM are the bullets and does anybody have any clips with them dumped maybe w/o cats? Thanks a bunch guys
Old 04-11-2010, 04:09 PM  

well I checked them out they kinda look like glasspacks. I honestly think havin the exhaust as short as I do with no cats and then a straight through muffler will hurt the truck. I feel a big loss now because of no backpressure. I dont know what do u guys think of it being that short
Old 04-11-2010, 04:28 PM  

Dual 3" with no cats or mufflers is pretty damn extreme. Definitely too big for max performance. Dual 2.5" is pretty much optimum. Dual 3" with no cats and dual mufflers might regain some of the low end you lost but 3" is still pretty extreme

The only thing I can recommend is watch youtube videos or ask around town what people are running. Asking people on a forum will just get you 500 different opinions.

IMO, magnaflows don't sound good on our trucks but sound amazing on mustangs, flowmasters sound awesome, aero sounds pretty good but way too expensive, my Flowtechs sound pretty good. I don't really like glasspacks on newer trucks, I love the glass packs on my 76 Dodge though.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:31 PM  

If you just must have it loud try the stainless steel racing series magnaflow mufflers. I like their regular series but do agree it is too quiet for some people.
HemiFun05
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM  
"Bob"

Garage

aero turbine's with out cats don't sound that good, a freind has it on his, but he only has single exhaust