What supercharger? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 11-11-2007, 12:14 AM   #1

What supercharger?

What is everyones opinion on superchargers? I am looking to purchase one and which ones would you recommend? Anyone who has one, I would be appreciate some information. I have a 2004 Hemi Ram, Regular Cab, 4x4 with Superchips programmer, K&N cold intake, Pacesetter Longtube headers, magnaflow cats, magnaflow x pipe and aeroturbine mufflers with my stock 20's wrapped in toyo proxes s/t as "performace mods". 180 thermostat, and electric fan are sitting in the garage and will be installed if they will work with the supercharger. thanks!

badblkhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Formerly 'Vince'

What supercharger?

The forum manager has experience with the GS kit, we also have a 79 page supercharged hemi build at the top of this section .

Any particular reason you are going with a s/c over a turbo? I may be a bit biast, but turbo's seem to be netting much larger gains.
4dhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 AM   #3

What supercharger?

i really didnt want a turbo beacause in june i did full exhaust and dont care for the sound of turbos. i know it is a bad reason, but personal preference. i like the whistle of a supercharger. i just read that post about the supercharged hemi build, seems really in depth. i am looking for something to bolt on to what i have now and get performance gains, dont really feel like tearing apart the motor
badblkhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
Formerly 'Vince'

What supercharger?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by badblkhemi:
i really didnt want a turbo beacause in june i did full exhaust and dont care for the sound of turbos. i know it is a bad reason, but personal preference. i like the whistle of a supercharger. i just read that post about the supercharged hemi build, seems really in depth. i am looking for something to bolt on to what i have now and get performance gains, dont really feel like tearing apart the motor
For sure I was just just curious. I know alot of guys were excited when the procharger was coming online. I believe most companies fueling methods were poor so quite a few guys were switching over to the SMT6 setup. I am afraid I don't have any personal experience on the subject, but I hope one of our s/c members come on here soon for ya. You could also pm Hemidup (from the Sharadon build) and ask him for any pointers.
Either way, glad to have ya on board.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:53 AM   #5

What supercharger?

What does the procharger set-up cost ?
5SpeedHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:40 PM   #6

What supercharger?

I've got the GS motorsports Paxton supercharger on my truck and I love it...I'm just using the regular 6 PSI kit rather than their big boost kit. I'm with yas I prefer the sound of a supercharger over a turbo...the fuel management system GS supplies is OK, they use 2 extra injectors in the throttle body, but I'll be changing to an SMT-6 smart tuner with larger 50LB injectors in the future which will make fuel delivery more even. Oh and the 180* thermo and electric fan should work fine with a blower...it's actually a good idea to put a lower temp thermostat with the extra heat the blower creates
Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #7

What supercharger?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 5SpeedHemi:
What does the procharger set-up cost ?
Dealer in Stillwater offers them around 5400 or so.
osuHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM   #8

What supercharger?

turbo's give a lot of high end power but the bigger the turbo, the bigger the lag it has to kick in. superchargers give you the power you want instantly but they wont give as much as turbochargers
Cipher117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
Board of Directors (Jay)

What supercharger?

Wonder why 98% of dragsters, and funny cars don't use them.
Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM   #10
Formerly 'Vince'

What supercharger?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Superjay:
Wonder why 98% of dragsters, and funny cars don't use them.
But the fastest street legal car in the world sure does, as well as the fastest production cars in the world.

Red Victor One (twin Turbo)
SSC Aero (twin turbo)
Bugatti Veyron (quad turbo)