sts on 07 mds - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #1

sts on 07 mds

I would like to install this system on a 07. using the 60 trim turbo. I only want to run like 4-5 psi. What can I do as far as the tuning. Is the smt-6 the best way to go. Will I need larger injectors. Im also in Illinois, does anyone know who can do this for me.

kpntruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #2

sts on 07 mds

Welcome to the site first and foremost. We're located in Mpls/St.Paul if your interested.
Hemidup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #3

sts on 07 mds

I think the best bet would be to go with a tuner kit and then get the smt-6 to tune it. After reading a bunch of posts It seems like even with the smt-6 the truck will not run correctly. Is there anything out there that will make the hemi run right with a little boost, I don't have a clue how to tune a computer so I cant go back and forth adjusting stuff like hemifever. I would like to just get it running right even if I have to sacrefice a few horses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #4

sts on 07 mds

Hemi2nv have you done kits for the mds yet.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #5

sts on 07 mds

The reason I am interested in the tuner kit becouse if it does not work out for the hemi I will be able to put it on another vehicle.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #6

sts on 07 mds

can't say much for the mds systems....have no experience with them

You can get it flashed with a B&G tune to shut down the mds

As far as the smt6 goes......part throttle is the biggest issue under boost.......Most of us have swapped over to larger injectors in place of the single auxiliiary injector. given there is ample fuel available.........the stock computer overides the smt6 commands to add more fuel during part throttle.

I believe some people are testing a device to work in conjunction with the smt6. It fools the computer into believing it is seeing 14.7 afr during part throttle while more fuel is actually being added.......don't know if anyone has had success with this.......but it is the PSC1-023
guitarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:46 PM   #7

sts on 07 mds

there's always standalone computers, but this is an expensive route.

Folks at procharger are using a "Unichip" for their "supercharger application" Only time will tell how good it is!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 AM   #8

sts on 07 mds

So I guess give it a little time, maybee somenoe will come out with something. The hemi has been around for a while and there isnt much for it as far as tunning goes. Damn the wait might bee very long.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #9

sts on 07 mds

.......don't wait too long......the smt6 isn't as bad as you think!

You barely have to touch the gas pedal to get the truck moving........by part throttle, I meant gas pedal halfway down. From a dead stop you can get to 80 mph no problem with just a light tap on the gas.

The issue lies more in passing cars on the highway without having to floor it, you can ride it part throttle for a bit.........but don't hold it too long....cause its runnin lean
Old 04-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #10

sts on 07 mds

What about wot does it get preatty lean then too. Wouldnt bigger injectors accomodate for that.