So what you're saying is... - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 07-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #1

So what you're saying is...

After reading through the posts here...which took awhile... I take it that the general agreement with installing a procharger or gms would be to not use the aux injectors and instead use a smt-6, 2 bar map sensor, and larger injectors. Question: has anyone here installed a procharger system using the smt6 setup instead of the aux injector setup?

I understand that tuning is required for the smt6 setup after installation but is tuning after installation required for aux injector setup they offer?

Also, I take it that as long as you don't run more than 5 or 6lbs of boost that our trannys and pistons should be ok depending on how much you abuse the truck once its on? Ideally it'd would be better to upgrade these items, but for normal (meaning not going crazy with it) use everything should be OK?

As much as I would love to have a sc or turbo setup on my truck I do not have the money or knowledge to do so. I'm just trying to get more understanding of things for my own benefit

07HemiR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #2

yes......don't use the auxiliary injector! Use 8 larger injectors, and/or fuel pump depending on pump capacity

You're saving even more money than you know by not being able to afford a forced induction kit!

As for the SMT6....yes it works, but the tuning gurus have stepped things up a notch with SCT. No need to splice wires, other than wiring in a 2 bar map sensor. Just plug the tuner in, and download a program. The downside is if there are some minor adjustments to make, there is no live tuning such as using the smt6. the program needs to be removed, and reworked by either yourself, or the guy (hemifever) who sent you the tune. Download the new tune, and away you go.

Now as for boost levels....the first 3 1/2lbs of boost is the most noticeable....stepping up to 5, or 6....I would use intercooling. Any more, and you're asking for trouble

Personally...I enjoy asking for trouble I ran my turbo at 10 psi with intercooling, and meth injection. While the stock motor and trans will sustain this power level, it won't last. I have upgraded to Sharadon stage 3 transmission, and now have a 370 forged stroker.

I pulled the heads off my old motor, and every single piston was broken, near the top of the motor I wasn't surprised. I knew for a fact that I had broken a few of them, but happy to see that it was still driveable with all of them broken
guitarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #3

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by guitarded:
You're saving even more money than you know by not being able to afford a forced induction kit!
LOL...I remember how much I spent when I had a 3000GT VR4 (twin turbo) when I was younger. Had to replace the engine when I asked for trouble

Back in the day my mom had an Oldsmoble Regency 98 that had a SC on its v6. Even though that was a small setup and the car was a boat...I loved driving that thing.

Thanks for the info! Also, please no rice jokes about the 3000GT...I was young...
07HemiR6 is offline   Reply With Quote