SharaDon Performance /Complete supercharged engine build - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 01-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #1

Thanks to this site and all the friendly and helpfull people here; Mr Hemi gave me permission to post pic's and details of a complete build for a supercharged Hemi engine. We will take you through the step by step process. From pulling the motor, to the final tuning. Starting tomorrow morning at 9 am, we will be tearing into the truck. We will give you a day by day post and pic's of the truck in progress. Currently, there are 11 other on going project vehicles that are being worked on. Somedays my truck will have to take a back burner. I want to take the time right now, to thank the many people on this site, that have answered all my many questions and make this happen.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #2

That's cool. Are you going to keep the stock computer system or go with an after market set up?
AFHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #3

We're going to keep the stock PCM for now. We haven't had any issues with it so far at running 10 lbs of boost, with the current GSM system. The problem is that we want to run at a higher boost level. 15 lbs is our goal. The stock motor will give out on us at this level. Our goal is to build a motor that will handle it. We have spent countless hours with R&D. We think we have it now.
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #4

Very Sweet Hemi2nv can't wait to check it out!!!!!
Rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #5

That is awesome! I look forward to your progress reports and pictures.

2005 HEMI Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Laramie: Atlantic Blue on Silver
Performance mods: Superchips Flashpaq; Dynatech Supermaxx Headers and high flow cats; Aeroturbine 3030 muffler; AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake (with Huskynox's EGR baffle); Air Ram Jet Stream Intake; NKG 5306 spark plugs; Performance Distributors Livewires spark plug wires; Amsoil XL-5w20; Amsoil EaO-42 oil filter

Other mods: Ground Force 2/4 drop kit with Nitro drop shocks; A.R.E. LSII tonneau with wing; Mopar ground effects; Rhino lining (color-matched); Altezza 3D taillights; Billet Creations "HEMI POWER" radiator channel cap, "HEMI" pedal set, and "HEMI" seat levers; billet radio knob, door lock pins, and head rest spacers; wheel well liners; Dodge stainless steel door sill guards; Overalls Customs Billet "HEMI" door sill plates; Overalls Customs Billet "HEMI" door inserts; Putco liquid billet door and tailgate handles; Powder-coated valve covers (sky blue sparkle); debadged; 20% tint, Tailgate Easylift, Fire & Ice LED light bar, 23x10 Boss 301 Chrome Wheels with Toyo Proxes ST 305/40/23; Billet and Acrylic hood strut covers, speaker rings, and "HEMI" door reflector cover

Guitars and Hemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #6

Good luck on the project!! What kind of rear wheel numbers are you putting down with 10#s of boost???
Old 01-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #7

"Av'sFan", The last time I dynoed the truck was with a 2nd gear pull and only 8lbs of boost. Just to tell you. Your numbers at 7lbs of boost, kick my butt! I love the torque that comes from a turbo. However,I'm committed to the S/C. I know all about S/C vs turbos. I'm just building a boosted motor that can handle the increased compression and heat. It's people like you, that I tip my hat off to. Your a true pioneer in the new generation of Hemi's!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #8

Thanks Hemi2nv, but I wasn't trying to compare, just was wanting to know your goal for HP. I appreciate being referred to as a pioneer, but really don't think I would ever do it again with all the countless set backs and tons of coinage that was spent. Will be interesting to see the play by play pics from your project.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #9

I look forward to seeing your progress too. I wish I were building the bottom end now too. Had the parts been available, namely a forged crank, I may have done it. Hemidup are you using a forged crank (6.1) in yours or are you going to push the 5.7 stocker?

I too have documented my entire build (or krc did) and plan to build a website around the build with pics and descriptions with a media section to show the dynos, track times and any "speed contests" that I may become involved in. I have other plans for the site too but I'll get into that once I get somemore info.
ColtSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #10

From the looks of it Colt he already has the 6.1 crank.