S&B Intake - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Steve

Garage
S&B Intake

I was just speaking to someone at Auto Anything and he said they have dropped the S&B line and couldn't tell me why. I was going to order one but now I am a little concerned. The guy said that Auto Anything goes through strict review processes with all of their products and decided to take S&B out of their lineup. Does anyone have the S&B? Would really like some feedback before I buy one...especially now!

Hemi, Granite Crystal Metallic, 3.92, Magnaflow True Dual Catback Exhaust, Diablosport Intune with Jay Greene's 91 Custom Tune, 87mm Ported Throttle Body, S&B Intake, Mopar Side Steps, Bakflip F1 Tonneau Cover, BT Catch Can, Gatorback Hemi Mud Flaps, Tinted Tails and Third Brake Light with Lamin-X, 6K HID's, 40" Diode Dynamics Light Bar, Dual 3" LED Pods in fogs, 305/55/20 Mikey Thompson ATZ P3

deke6520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #2

Garage
I don't know how many people here use them, but on a couple other forums I've heard that S&B is really good...second only to the Vararam seems to be the consensus. Most people go with S&B instead of Vararam if they do much off road driving. If I don't go with Vararam, I'll be going with S&B based off what I've read in other places.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Steve

Garage
Thanks Ram. I ordered the S&B yesterday. It was a toss up between the two but I liked the scoop the S&B comes with. Adds that little extra air flow. I am interested to see the difference it makes. I am also getting the Superchips Flashpaq so I am anticipating a little performance improvement with the two together.

Hemi, Granite Crystal Metallic, 3.92, Magnaflow True Dual Catback Exhaust, Diablosport Intune with Jay Greene's 91 Custom Tune, 87mm Ported Throttle Body, S&B Intake, Mopar Side Steps, Bakflip F1 Tonneau Cover, BT Catch Can, Gatorback Hemi Mud Flaps, Tinted Tails and Third Brake Light with Lamin-X, 6K HID's, 40" Diode Dynamics Light Bar, Dual 3" LED Pods in fogs, 305/55/20 Mikey Thompson ATZ P3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Steve

Garage
I was thinking of getting the scoop with the intake until I saw it on their website. It doesn't "scoop" out of the front of the truck to simulate ram air. Instead it is open on the bottom. I can't justify spending $100 for that when the tube that goes down past the stock inlet does the exact same thing. All it does is put it closer to the ground. Too bad.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by deke6520 View Post
I was just speaking to someone at Auto Anything and he said they have dropped the S&B line and couldn't tell me why. I was going to order one but now I am a little concerned. The guy said that Auto Anything goes through strict review processes with all of their products and decided to take S&B out of their lineup. Does anyone have the S&B? Would really like some feedback before I buy one...especially now!
That is NOT an accurate statement by AutoAnything. S&B discontinued doing business with AutoAnything in 2012 because they would NOT adhere to our Authorized Dealer Program. It is as simple as that. They have contacted me several times since then requesting that I reconsider my decision. I have nothing against AutoAnything and feel they are a strong distributor in the aftermarket; however, they are just NOT telling the truth in this situation. We have a strong dealer network where you can buy our product or you can visit our website. Thank you for listening to my perspective. - Berry Carter, President S&B Filters
bcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Steve

Garage
I ended up buying one from your website. I was a little confused by their statement as I know S&B make a superior product which is why I still bought one. I was just wondering if anyone else heard the same thing. Thank you for clearing this up.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #7
Greg

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarter View Post
That is NOT an accurate statement by AutoAnything. S&B discontinued doing business with AutoAnything in 2012 because they would NOT adhere to our Authorized Dealer Program. It is as simple as that. They have contacted me several times since then requesting that I reconsider my decision. I have nothing against AutoAnything and feel they are a strong distributor in the aftermarket; however, they are just NOT telling the truth in this situation. We have a strong dealer network where you can buy our product or you can visit our website. Thank you for listening to my perspective. - Berry Carter, President S&B Filters
Berry, welcome to HTC. Always glad to see folks step up.

1# 2017 HTC FASTEST HEMI List....
Current 1/4 mile [email protected] (2018)
Current 60' PB 1.351 (2019) mechanical issue for 1/4m

HTC 2018 TOTY

Support vehicle- 2007 QC G56 4x4 diesel
Redtruck-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
David

Garage
I have heard nothing but great reviews for S&B intakes. If I hadn't already had 2 dif intakes I would consider buying

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote