Ramhammer question - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 04-07-2008, 07:12 PM  

Ramhammer question

Okay you guys have definitely tweaked my interest in the ramhammer but I have a question. The ramhammer site claims a 10hp gain while others like brute force,k&n,true flow and others make claims of more hp. Has anyone done a dyno run with the ramhammer and if so how did it come out ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 07:46 PM  
&quotRANCHER&quot

Ramhammer question

At least four other threads on the Ramhammer but I don't think anyone has dynoed yet. I'm guessing the 10 hp is a minimum. Almost all CIA mfgrs. claim between 15 to 21 hp gains.
One of the threads is very informative.
http://hemitruckclub.infopop.cc/eve/...2/m/5130019535

Old 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM  

Ramhammer question

quote from dodge3471 on dt about the ramhammer:

I post this info in another thread.

You'll absolutely love the quality, fit and finish, sound, and performance of the Ramhammer. Mine is on the way too.

The gains will be around 15-20 HP at the flywheel. The Ramhammer made 10 more flywheel HP than a factory SRT8 6.1L induction system, which is the best factory Hemi induction system. The SRT8 6.1L induction system is also far less restrictive than the stock 5.7L Hemi truck induction system, so the gains will be even greater than the 10 HP that I saw over the factory SRT8 6.1L induction system. I will say at least a 15 HP gain minimum, and possibly even closer to a 20 HP gain when replacing a stock 5.7L Hemi truck induction system with a Ramhammer CAI system.

The Ramhammer air filter is huge and has almost zero restriction, in fact the Hemi throttle body itself is more of a restriction than the entire Ramhammer CAI system, so the only way to beat a Ramhammer CAI system on a Hemi would be to install a larger throttle body.

As many of you know I have been very sceptical of other CAI systems claims in the past and I can say with 100% certainty that the Ramhammer CAI system just plain works. I have seen it with my own two eyes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM  

Ramhammer question

after owning it you won't need to look for dyno numbers to justify it, because you can feel the difference.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:21 PM  

Ramhammer question

I still only think its for people who race at the track. I still am waiting to se ea stock vs ramhammer dyno sheet. Hsa there been one posted,.. maybe I missed it.

I can't justify spending that much on a drive to work,.. drive home truck,..
Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 PM  

Ramhammer question

Quote:
quote: I can't justify spending that much on a drive to work,.. drive home truck,..
If you could test one on your truck you could justify it. Mine takes me to work and home and I will go to the track for fun a few times a year. I can feel a difference between this setup and the ram air one.