Question for STS turbo guys - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #1

Question for STS turbo guys

What size exhaust are you running before and after the turbo?

Hemiplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #2

I am running stock exhaust and manifolds. The single pipe after the Y (3") reduces down to 2.5" where it elbows into the exhaust turbine. I assume to increase velocity. 3" single exit that I am cutting off tomorrow in favor of dual 3" resonators. No mufflers/ no cat. (The turbo acts like a loud performance muffler while idling and cruising)
FrostKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
Formerly 'Vince'

Quote:
quote:The turbo acts like a loud performance muffler while idling and cruising
Yeah, and screams when you put your foot into it, lol. I believe its 3" off my headers then 2.5 on the piping that comes with the STS kit, as Darryl said. I Y-piped it after the turbo again into 3" pipes and out the roll pan .
4dhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #4

If you're running a stock motor/stock heads, you are best to stick with the factory manifolds, and piping up to the turbo

with my current setup, I have ported heads, so I upgraded to 1 3/4" long tube headers with a 3" diameter collector. (collector length can vary from different manufacturers) After the headers I have High flow cats which go from 3" just after the header, then reduced to 2 1/2" through the cats. The piping to the y-pipe remains 2 1/2", and the y-pipe itself becomes 3", then 3" right back to just before the turbo. I welded flanges to the turbo piping, for easier removal (maintenance purposes), and I also increased the diameter of the first 18" of the sts turbo pipe to 3" as well. I took a bunch of measurements while I had everything apart, and I will be fabricating a full 3" diameter pipe with u-bend right up to the turbo, then dual 3" pipes after the turbo.
guitarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #5
&quotAv\sFan&quot

I have shorty headers to 3" stainless no cat to turbo and 4" out w/ a short magnaflow muffler... It definfitely spools up faster than with the original sts piping...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #6

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by "Av'sFan":
I have shorty headers to 3" stainless no cat to turbo and 4" out w/ a short magnaflow muffler... It definfitely spools up faster than with the original sts piping...
I noticed a difference too!!
guitarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #7
&quotAv\sFan&quot

Hurry up and get that truck finished Steve so you can dyno it buddy!!!!