Hemi Truck Club banner

Power wagon front mount turbo build

15K views 142 replies 11 participants last post by  Ghost03hemi 
#1 ·
Ok starting a new project along with all my others lol! 2007 quad cab power wagon single front mount turbo build in progress. we are going to use longtubes into a Y just like my truck. The Y will then turn back to the front of the truck and up next to the motor. turbo will be a single gt45 setup for now which should get the truck to easily over 650+ HP. will be on a 8/15 Psi setup most likely he will leave it on 15 lol. the exhaust is going to possibly be run out the fender like my setup not 100% on that yet as turbo is a little smaller and may sllow a little more play with exhaust routing. pictures will be updated as i go just started removing old exhaust last night so soon we will have some progress.

#2 ·
Will be intrresting build. Looking forward to seeing it running.

#13 · (Edited)
Is it a 4x4 Power Wagon Keith?

You might be able to run the hot side pipe around to the turbo like what Marty did here. That way it does have plenty of room for a down pipe to a full exhaust system under the truck. There's plenty of room there to run it around that rout.

Is there room here by the starter?

I'm thinking very seriously on running the exhaust pipe from the headers going to the turbo through there. With the 392 having more power, wont need it to boost up as fast like I needed with the 348 engine. Can now have longer hot side piping going to the turbo.

#6 ·
Mario it is a fully built 392 with a bigger stock than mine is just the tricks is heavy as hell.

Stu the truck is a 4x4 only way a power wagon comes with winch and all! There is less room on his truck than there is in mine as it uses the diesel frame which narrows near the motor making headers next to impossible to find bit we have a set from another wagon he bought. The exhaust in no way has room to go back under the truck unless I run the hot side under the truck and up which is possible but he does mid this thing so I don’t need it getting hit or crushed

#8 ·
:popcorn:

#11 ·
Get r done :thumb::thumb:

#14 ·
Got a snag of sorts lol. He purchased long tube headers for the build that are custom made by TTI for 6.1 headed hemi power wagon. Little issue is I didn’t know this and he didn’t know the diff in opening on the heads. So needless to say they won’t be used not going to cut them up either. Chris is getting ready to drop eagle heads on his motor and they have the D port so if they will work he is going to buy them rather than have something made to fit the truck. We ended up using the shorty headers he had since we had already removed them prior to noticing the issue made flange install easy lol. So now they get to go back on the truck for the build.

Attachments

#16 ·
Good job,

#22 ·
Not even close. His are custom made from TTI for a power wagon 2500 truck. A regular ram header won’t fit a power wagon but the power wagons will fit a regular ram. The tubes have to clear the power wagon front bracing the 1500 does not have.

#24 ·
No sorry the longtubes we tryed to run are from TTI his are from somewhere else no markings on them. i do know they are power wagon 1 5/8 shorty headers as regular ram headers wont fit the 2500 narrow frame setup. sorry for the mixup there. anywho headers will be back on the truck tonight and try and get it into the shop and start the fun.

#25 ·
#28 ·
Will it be steel or stainless steel piping on hot side and down pipe?

My turbo setup has a mix of steel and stainless steel. On the hot side there's no signs of corrosion on the inside even on the steel parts. But, on the down pipe and the rest of the exhaust system that's steel. There's definitively corrosion on the inside. My next turbo system build will have stainless steel down pipe and exhaust system. The hot side can be built out of steel. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.