Intake tube mod? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #1

To my complete surprise I found under the hood what I'm told is the Mopar CAI already on my 5.7 HEMI. Appears it is the same as the AEM Brute Force. So now that I don't need to buy a Volant like I had planned, I'm wondering --- is there a specific or universal replacement intake tube for this unit? I'd like to dress up the engine bay a bit and I'm hoping there's something a bit sexier than the molded black plastic part of this intake tube. Any ideas??

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #2

To my complete surprise I found under the hood what I'm told is the Mopar CAI already on my 5.7 HEMI. Appears it is the same as the AEM Brute Force. So now that I don't need to buy a Volant like I had planned, I'm wondering --- is there a specific or universal replacement intake tube for this unit? I'd like to dress up the engine bay a bit and I'm hoping there's something a bit sexier than the molded black plastic part of this intake tube. Any ideas??

Old 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #3

Can't say for certain if there's a specific replacement tube, but I know plenty of people on here have some custom DIY cold air set ups. Many people have colored hoses and tubes they had done themselves or bought. Link below is a thread of various set ups people have.

Cold Air set up gallery

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Director Emeritus

Garage
If the inside of the tube is smooth I would leave it as is! A little Armor-all will do the trick
2009 Ram 5.7 HEMI QC 4X4 Laramie - bone stock for now

MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #5

Thanks for the link BTeves. Interesting stuff but sadly only 1 poster has my 2011 - the others all seem to have engines where intake comes from rear near the center of firewall or horizontally out from front of the engine - none vertically like my set up - except one. He had a good looking blue and polished Mopar tube but also wrote he was unhappy with the rubber elbow part - the very part I'm trying to swap even though mine is plastic, so don't think his set up is an answer.

Would there be any reason I couldn't just pull this one off and paint it flame red ( truck color)? Short of replacing it that would be at least an option??
Old 02-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #6

Well link was more of a "you can make anything work with a little ingenuity" pitch. I don't know how the tube would take to paint or even what kind to use, although I'm sure someone around here does. You can just google search <span class="ev_code_BLUE">colored air intake hose</span> and start seeing what some people have done across various forums etc.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote