Hemi Truck Club banner

How much power can an 05 PCM hold?

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Redtruck-VA 
#1 ·
Since I'm almost done rewiring my truck to 05 from 03, how much power can it tame before it come useless? I'm just trying to get everything in and fabbed up (almost done) on my stock set up and have fun this summer, cam, heads, gt4202, & E-85. This next year I'm going to be running a 370 or 392 and a 4l80e and either aem or fast standalone, Leaning more to fast they've helped me out a bunch, and talked me though all the possesses of the units.

#9 ·
Way more than the eng can take you have to go by what the PCM is telling you it can handle thru the logs you make I will be playing with y
Timing here shortly going to see what it can take myself likely going to need the methanol kit for my testing haha

#16 ·
I agree with keeping the timing under 20. When I was setting up the Megasquirt I was told by several folks with dyno time the new hemi did not like nor need a lot of timing to make power.

#21 ·
I figure NOS will be my second to last mod :brows:

With a forged motor to follow......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.