Heat Shield??? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 AM   #1

Heat Shield???

I have a Bomz stage 4 intake and noticed some of you that have a heat shield surrounding your filter, where can I find one of these? Can it purchased separately?

preachertuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #2
bigbluehemi

Heat Shield???

depending on where your filter is ,mite not be wothwhile to bother with a heat shield,if your filter is right out behind the headlight (like mine ) i wouldnt worry bout it....but if you filter is still in the engine bay ,then id say ur best off with a heatsheild and seeing as u bought a bomz im geussin u got it on ebay so ,u can probly get a heatsheild there too but mayb sum of the guys here with them mite no?, o btw any pics?
Old 07-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #3

Heat Shield???

It is behind the light, so I suppose it is not necessary. I will try to add pics. How do you place pics in a reply, I tried it for my 05 CBR that I am trying to sell, but it says the down load is too big, just for one pic??? How are you guys doing this? Also, I would like to update my profile and get a pic of my Hemi, where do I go to do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #4

Heat Shield???

got a pic of your intake installed... that will show if you should run one or not, or if there is even one available.
slvrmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
M.Schuster

Heat Shield???

Here's a link to re-size your pics...
http://hemitruckclub.infopop.cc/eve/...2/m/8950054805
Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #6

Heat Shield???

as long as it's not under or behind the engine you don't have to have a heat shield, i did some research before i did mine and found out that the hot air from the engine and radiator will get sucked down by the stream of air moving faster under the truck, as soon as you start moving, ( the type of physics i don't really understand but it seams to be real).
At higher speeds the intake temperature it's actually lower than with the K&N kit with the heat shield, so i know the theory it's right.
sppb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #7

Heat Shield???

you forgot to do your research about radiant heat then... because, anything with a line of sight to the heat source can start to heat up due to the motor... the heat transfer mode that you are refering to is convection, which is the movement of heat through the air. Heat shields help in one of two ways, section off the area so it is much harder for convection to happen, and number two creat a barrier or a place for radiant heat to be obsorbed. The last piece you will have is conduction, which, basically the head travels up through the TB right into your intake system. Anything you do to try to lessen the effects of any of the three heat transfer modes, you will reduce the temp of your intake charge.
slvrmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #8

Heat Shield???

I wanted a heat shield so I had some place to mount my overflow bottles for my E-fan installed.
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #9

Heat Shield???

that is exactly what I am looking at, the set up looks sweet. Do you know where I can get one Jason? If I had the money, I would do the ram air hood and the cai on top (wishful thinking with the price of the hoods!!!)
Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 PM   #10

Heat Shield???

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by preachertuck:
that is exactly what I am looking at, the set up looks sweet. Do you know where I can get one Jason? If I had the money, I would do the ram air hood and the cai on top (wishful thinking with the price of the hoods!!!)
Get one what, heat shield or catch cans? This is kind of a crappy picture of my setup. Have you tried Summit Racing,.. or maybe contact Duane at 3rd Strike to see if you can get a heat shield, he is a sponsor here,.. 3rdstrikeperormance.com
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote