Gs motorsports s/c install - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 09-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #1

Gs motorsports s/c install

OK so i've decided to give the hemi a little BOOST. I just bought a used GS motorsports supercharger system for my truck for a smoking price & includes every thing but the Aux injectors & The install guide. I plan on running bigger injectors and not using the Aux 2 injectors the kit comes with, so im looking for some input to what size i should use. Is 50# to much? also im thinking of having a speed shop do the install & custom Tune, but im not sure what it is going to cost, so if you had yours done let me know what you paid ball park if you dont mind so i know what im looking at. Also i sent an Email to GS trying to get a copy of the install pack and after i told them i bought it used they told me to call the sales rep & it cost $45 for the install pack lol, so if anyone on here can help me out, Fax it to me Email, Mail i dont care i would
Appreciate it and if you want some $ for your help just let me know.

I want to get this set up going as fast as i can but dont wanna throw myself in a money hole if ya know what i mean, i still have to buy headers (saw a set in the for sale section for $225 thinking bout it) & areo 3030 & injectors so i need some more time to get my sh1t together, even know i got the mod bug bad & am about to sell my chevy so i can go nuts on the truck lol.

Help me out

Thanks guys

BigMikez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
Board of Directors (Jay)

Mr. Hemi will be glad to tell you all about it.
Superjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Director Emeritus

Garage

Not sure how the GSM kit will work without the aux injectors. I was running the stock injectors plus two 48s at the TB.

Keep a VERY CLOSE EYE on your A/F ratio... at all times. Get yourself a quality wideband if you haven't already done so.
MrHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #4

Mr. Hemi is right, and may I add.....

If you are not capable of installing and tuning this system yourself, don't do it.

It'll cost $1000 - $1500 to install and tune and then you have to trust the tune they did, then if anything has a hickup, you have to bring it back, etc.

Of course, if you don't have a wideband A/F gauge and know how to use it, you may just grenade the engine, probably will.

Theses systems (supercharger/turbochargers) are NOT plug and play like your latest computer game.
kenihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #5

Since he already has the blower, I can help him out.
Hemidup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 PM   #6

Ouch guys lol. I was all happy about this and your beating me up. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is a manager of a speed shop & works with GS. he's gonna hook me up and help with the install, order the aux fuel equipment and what ever else i am missing, take out the pcm send it out for a good tune from someone who knows whatt they are doing & talk about building a custom exhaust maybe. ill leave it to the pro's

Ill stick to plug & plug Video games & throw grenades while playing lol

Thanks for the input, ill post up some pics & info when i have the work started. hopefully everything works out This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigMikez28, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Mon, 17 Sep 2007 18:27:57 GMT-0700', '17 September 2007 09:27 PM')+''); 17 September 2007 09:27 PM
BigMikez28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #7
Director Emeritus

Garage

Good luck! Having your friend do the install and tune will definitely help
Old 09-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
semo03hemiram

If you contact GS Motorsports, they should be able to supply you with whatever you may need for that..
Old 09-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #9

I'm just saying that as time goes by you are going to have problems and you need to know how to fix them.
kenihemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
Director Emeritus

Garage

Keep us updated Mike!