Factory Intake Mod - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 08-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

well i had a homemade intake for a little while and ditched it cause seemed like i was loseing power...so during the removal i got to thinkin....what makes the facory intake so shitty?...well in this case...the stock air filter...lack of cold air commin in , the "Belows" intake tube and sadly the hemi hat....so i started tinkering...first i kept the factory airbox and dumped in a koolblue air filter..then i used an abs pipe 90 elbow and joined from the TB to the hole on the intake box...straighter , smoother intake tract....so then i got that done and noticed the little intake on the bottem of the air box....i pulled that square duct out and took my homemade cai apart and made sort of a ram air...i dont have factory foglights so i have a cold air intake duct go from my foglight hole to the bottom of my air box....all done and sealed.. went for a test drive....first mod that i actully noticed a differce...u dont get quite the growl of an atual cai but its noticeable..and when i came back i touched the top of the intake box and it was pretty cold si i geuss i could call it ram air intake anyway heres some pics

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

cold air intake duct
Old 08-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #3
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

goin into the foglight hole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

intake tube in foglight hole
Old 08-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #5

Factory Intake Mod

Sweet.
zwa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:34 PM   #6

Factory Intake Mod

Good job. One of the better home made intakes ive seen. Wonder if you can hear it sucking in air from the bumber?
HoustonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

u can hear a noticeabe difference inside the cab...but not as loud as as real cai....but its more stealthy :P only for the tube from the airbox...mite look for a used hemi hat and cover it all up
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #8
Board of Directors

Garage
Factory Intake Mod

Very similar to my setup. I have a 4 inch semi rigid aluminum tube from my foglight hole to a cut down stock air horn on the stock air box. I also have an Airaid MIT to the throttle body.
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

sweet.....well this was a crude put together as ill call it lol...i just wanted to try it out...and i really like it...like i said my homemade cai didnt work out but this really did make a difference...if its not rainin tomorrow im gonna adjust it a little its not quite straight to the fog light hole...and i was also thinkin bout tryin to get a cone filter inside the filter box...just attach to the intake tube made into the lid...im sure theres someway to do it..anyway ill keep you guys posted keep lettin me no what ya think
Old 08-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #10
bigbluehemi

Factory Intake Mod

o yeah and best part didnt have to drill or cut any factory stuff