Buying New Truck - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #1

Hey guys, I am looking at an 05 Laramie 4 door Hemi truck. It has 115000 miles on it and it is a one owner. The truck is completely stock, I am looking to add a CAI, exhaust, and a programmer. I will be towing a 5500lb horse trailer every other weekend or so, just looking for suggestions. I am going to do a Volant intake and Flowmaster exhaust as I trust and like these companies. I am open to suggestions on the programmer. I have also been told to put a set of air bag helpers on the back for towing. Thanks in advance.

PlayGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #2

Hey guys, I am looking at an 05 Laramie 4 door Hemi truck. It has 115000 miles on it and it is a one owner. The truck is completely stock, I am looking to add a CAI, exhaust, and a programmer. I will be towing a 5500lb horse trailer every other weekend or so, just looking for suggestions. I am going to do a Volant intake and Flowmaster exhaust as I trust and like these companies. I am open to suggestions on the programmer. I have also been told to put a set of air bag helpers on the back for towing. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Board of Directors

Garage
Unless you plan to do some extensive engine mods I'd suggest the Superchips 3865. That's what I have. The transmission tuning features are really great.
'05 RCSB 1500 SLT 5.7 Hemi Ram - Airaid Long Snorkel UBI CAI - Taylor shorty wires - MSD Coil Packs Magnaflow y-pipe - Flowmaster 50HD - Superchips 3865 - Motive 4.56 gears - Detroit Truetrac - PML differential cover some good Karma 8.87 ET
HemiByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #4
David

Garage
I wouldnt use flowmaster unless you just want the sound. I would go with a better flowing muffler like magnaflow or borla or dynamax or cherrybomb. something like that.

ATXHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #5

Ran Borla on my 07 and loved it, mild enough to hear yourself think when you're not hammering but still had a nice deep roar when you got on the gas.

Intakes you can't really go wrong on just about any reputable brand. Preparing to install my vararam on the truck here before long.

2016 Ram 2500 6.7 CTD Laramie MegaCab 4x4

BTeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #6

I like the sound of Flowmasters, and I am going to check out that 3rd Strike CAI in your sig. I'm not a fan of the Magnaflow sound, I don't like any pop or cackle in my exhaust.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
David

Garage
Mine doesnt do that. I had a Flowmaster before the magnaflow and they sound alot alike. The magnaflow doesnt have as much of the highway drone as the flowmaster did. But I did like the sound too. Intake is great. Matches the color of the truck. And Duane is great to deal with. You wont be disappointed

Old 03-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
Farrrrrr East Coast

Garage
mine dosent either, just a deep growl, i think hes referring to glasspacks

NewfieBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #9

My buddy has Magnaflows on his truck and they are real raspy, but I will try them out if they sound like you guys say they do. And I know what glasspacks sound like, I am not referring to those,lol, I would describe them as a popping sound.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
David

Garage
Mine sounds almost identical as my flowmaster did. Just not as loud. I wanted to tame the highway drone. And it is def quieter. If you prefer it loud you could always get the 14" magnaflow or the AT3030. The FM is not a performance muffler. I would recommend replacing the factory y pipe with the MF y pipe. Factory one is very restrictive. Since you'll have the truck at the muffler shop it shouldnt cost you much more.