building my custom CAI - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 05-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #1

building my custom CAI

ordered all the gadgets i need to make my CAI, modeling it after the Ram Hammer design but i wanted mine aluminum. so i ordered a smaller and larger aluminum elbows a silicone coupler with clamps and a K&N cone filter. suposed to be in tomarrow sometime, then the fab begins i have to fab up a "funnel" to connect the big to the small, trim the elbows where they need to be then weld it all together.......can't wait! i'll keep you all posted on the progress.

tigman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 06:02 PM   #2

building my custom CAI

keep us posted on ur progress dont forget the pix

05 Hemi mineral gray QC/SB Laramie/Edelbrock(T.E.S)mid-length headers with Stage 8 locking bolts and Mopar header gaskets/Mopar CAI/Superchips Flaspaq/Aeroturbine 3030 muffler and 3040 exhaust tip/limited slip anti-spin rear with 3.92s/20inch stock chrome clad rims and tires/Moes traction bars/Hellwig rear swaybar/SRT-10 A-pillar gauge pod/Hemi Sport body kit with bolt on hood scoop and Daytona dual exhaust sill cut out/Hemi bedliner and coming soon SRT-10 22's ,SRT-10 hood and carbon fiber taillights
Silveradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #3

building my custom CAI

code3hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #4

building my custom CAI

Here's a wild and probably crazy idea for those of you that are handy with fabrication; if you like the metal tube for your CAI's 'what if?' the tube could be made with fins to function as a heat sink and perhaps cool the tube and incoming air just a bit? I agree it sounds difficult and crazy - but someone would probably buy it anyway. I'm using the AFE High Breather which suits my needs well but I do enjoy all the ideas we see for the endless CAI designs.
HemiFun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #5

building my custom CAI

parts showed up today, in my haste to get started i forgot to take pictures of the elbows before i cut them down.....but anayway i cut about 6" off of both ends of the smaller elbow and about 8" off of one end of the larger one (i want to wait for the filter so i can see exactly where i want to cut the other end) i got the measurements for the funnel wich i will stop and pic up the material for tomarrow.

i am excited to get this thing together, removing the stock air box really frees up alot of space and really cleans up the engine compartment....enough babbling on to the pictures This message has been edited. Last edited by: tigman250, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Mon, 19 May 2008 18:32:49 GMT-0700', '19 May 2008 09:32 PM')+''); 19 May 2008 09:32 PM
Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #6

building my custom CAI

2nd
Old 05-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #7

building my custom CAI

i gotta say removing that stock air box was a huge PITA!!! 2 bolts were under the box and above the fender liner, i had to loosen the liner and push it back to get to the bolts. you would think they would make the bolts easier to get to.......glad i'm not a mechanic LOL

in this pic the large tube is just sitting there, tried to somewhat prop it in place but it wouldn't cooperate.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 AM   #8
Holston\sHemi

building my custom CAI

sweet! progress looks good. i put together my cai from the prebent 4" tubing sections from spectre performance.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM   #9

building my custom CAI

Way to go. Keep it up, You're going to have a sweet CAI. Don't forget that little air sensor.
zwa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:33 AM   #10

Garage
building my custom CAI

nopeitsherhemi is offline   Reply With Quote