Air Intake Suggestion ?? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #1

Air Intake Suggestion ??

OK Gang... I put the Cat-Back on this weekend.. 2007 QC, 4x4, SB... 70 Series Flowmaster ~ Single In... Dual straight out the back...
I'm noticing the the Tach "searching"?? Is this the infamous MDS at work? Ive seen threads about "resetting"... does it work, long term? I want to add a CAI like ive had on all my other Hemi Trucks... will I have to "reset" then as well? All help is appreciated.....

Poker Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #2

Air Intake Suggestion ??

It's recommended to reset your computer every time you add/remove a modification. As for the MDS I wouldn't know but I'm sure somebody will chime in shortly.
Smearous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #3

Air Intake Suggestion ??

Yes the mds is normal it should go up quit a few rpms then slowly drop down to about normal a 100 more rpm than what you were at in 8 cylinder mode. You should be able to here it now with the exhaust tone when its in mds. I personally liked the fact that I could hear it when it was in 4 cylinder mode cause I could adjust my driveing to saty in it longer.
HoustonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #4

Air Intake Suggestion ??

Yes, I listen more now as well... kinda cool. OK..how do I reset this bad boy ?? (Yes, I dont feel like searching thru 1000 posts to find what I read 9 months ago) :-)
Poker Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:17 PM   #5

Air Intake Suggestion ??

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Poker Hemi:
Yes, I listen more now as well... kinda cool. OK..how do I reset this bad boy ?? (Yes, I dont feel like searching thru 1000 posts to find what I read 9 months ago) :-)
Pull fuse 31,. get in your truck, close the door insert your ign key and turn it on and hold it till all the sirens and warning alarms stop,.. usually about 4-6sec. Turn key off and go put fue back in.
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #6

Air Intake Suggestion ??

Hold it in the on postion as in th eposition after the engine satrts are in the cranking posisition. Cause i never experienced these chimes well not the same atleat.
HoustonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote