A mass air flow question? - Hemi Truck Club

Go Back   Hemi Truck Club > HEMI | Performance Zone > Induction | Super Chargers, Turbo & Air Intakes

Old 04-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #1

A mass air flow question?

On a hemi do we have mass air flow sensor or Air intake temp sensors that we have to worry about with cold air intakes? on some older vehicles like 99 thru 04 you have to add them to the intakes and some vehicles didnt take tp the change i.e. through engine codes....i havent really had times to check out the intake on my truck

hemiweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #2

The hemis use a speed density system which uses a MAP(manifold absolute pressure) instead of a MAF system. There is a AIT sensor in the intake tube, but other than that you don't really have anything to worry about, other than the PCV vent tube.
proudhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:39 AM   #3

ok so do the intake kits have a location for the iat sensor? just none of the pics show? like ive said i havent had the time to take a peak yet, well with good lighting....thatnx for the info so far
hemiweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2008, 10:08 PM   #4

I don't know about other CAIs but here is mine. I got a Power Wire to use as an extension. You can see the wire going to the AIT sensor. I bought a small breather from Advance auto to use for the oil breather. The filter I bought for the oil breather fit right into the stock tube goin to the stock intake.
Starchief_59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #5

Almost every good company ive seen that makes intakes for our trucks already hava spot for the sensor. You dont need an extension on the conventional cold air intakes. They also come with a spot for the pcv hose to connect two. That is the only two things you have to worry about. http://3rdstrike.biz/cart/index.php?...88b7ed15471e8d In the pic of th elink you can see the Air Intake sensor on the left and the Position Crankcase Ventilation on the right.
HoustonHemi is offline   Reply With Quote